New chicks- hoping for all pullets!

That is the one i've been second guessing.... that first photo makes the comb look a bit pinker for sure where other photos I have, it seems all yellow. Bad quality picture right now- sorry! are there any other specific qualities this one is exhibiting that i should look out for
Sorry i've been out for the weekend. I am looking at how much white there seems to be. Males will look more grey & white due where females will look more black and white.

Sounds good!
Apparently, it is in fact 6 weeks old. It isn’t nearly as feathered as the Wyandotte- so could also be a sign of a roo? Just sort of odd that they aren’t more feathered in general. I confirmed the hatch date as 5/30

Apparently, it is in fact 6 weeks old. It isn’t nearly as feathered as the Wyandotte- so could also be a sign of a roo?
Could be, occasionally cockerels can feather in slower, but by no means is it a reliable way to sex.
Just sort of odd that they aren’t more feathered in general. I confirmed the hatch date as 5/30
Hmm, weird. Dunno why.

Not a great photo…. But we’re looking a bit redder. I’ve heard some pullets coming in looking a bit pinker but I’m not
holding my breath anymore.
IMG_8883.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 3
Oh yeah that looks like a boy.
Now that I’m second guessing everything… how are you with identifying Wyandottes? I read that they tend to pink up earlier. Here’s my 6 week old

Attachments

• IMG_8890.jpeg
    IMG_8890.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom