New Coop From HandcraftedCoops.com

gfletch

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
Long Island, NY
The new coop kit I ordered was delivered today! Very happy with it. Though it's a bit smaller than I envisioned, it's definitely well constructed, good quality and went together easy.
105519_img_0314.jpg

Ready for load-in!
105519_img_0313.jpg

My four Japanese Bantams seem pretty happy in their new digs, though they are clueless about using the ladder to get in out of the coop/roosting area. It'll be a challenge getting them in there tonight!
105519_img_0316.jpg

George

Looks great! Glad you're happy with it. This coop was the inspiration to my own coop that I ended up making myself. But instead of an a frame, I beefed it up a bit and mad the run a rectangular box with the upstairs a gabled roof...it looks like a mini version of my house! I know...totally lame to make a mini version of my house but it worked out well. I love this design and I think you'll like it too.

Quote:
===========
Frankly, I think it's inspired. At our place, we have no blind corners in our rural lot to put the coops, so they all have to be lawn art too. I hear you. We have three, all over constructed so the neighbors don't mind. Congrats on your creativity. Did you see that one large coop on the coop page which looked like a glassed-in gazebot? Oh, that was VERY cool! Would love to have an aviary like that here, smile.
Best

Quote:
Good idea! I'll put some on there tonight and see how it goes ...

Quote:
Thanks, Ryan. And your idea is not lame at all! Sounds awesome. It's funny, I was talking to my buddy at work about this coop, and he had the same idea, "You know, you could blow out a dormer on the second story, then add more yard underneath it ..."

My only other issue is keeping the dog away from them! She wants nothing more than to get in there:

105519_img_0321.jpg

Back
Top Bottom