New Coop

EMTgirl1821

Chirping
Aug 11, 2018
Due to chicken math, I built a new coop. I successfully got all 16 hens into the new coop last night, but how do I introduce the girls to the new nesting boxes? I put a ceramic egg into each box, I'm not sure how to get the girls into the boxes?? I closed off the old coop all together, I'm just at work for the next 2 days and don't want eggs all throughout the run

Due to chicken math, I built a new coop. I successfully got all 16 hens into the new coop last night, but how do I introduce the girls to the new nesting boxes? I put a ceramic egg into each box, I'm not sure how to get the girls into the boxes?? I closed off the old coop all together, I'm just at work for the next 2 days and don't want eggs all throughout the run
I'm sure someone with experience switching coops will chime in, but my best guess is that they will figure it out. If they don't have access to the other nest boxes, it seems like they will look for a similar place to lay rather than out in the open. They seem fairly intuitive about these things, I think! :)

Back
Top Bottom