New ducklings!!! And a question about runner colours

Oh and Blossom is the yellow one with the black tail, black strip on her head and pink/yellow feet
Edit: forgot to say one of the big differences between them is roady has black feet and legs but Blossom has pink/yellow feet and legs

Last edited:
Thought I would give some more pictures they are so big now at just over 1 week
Here is Blossom my silver appleyard
20240402_163747.jpg
20240402_163811.jpg
20240402_163726.jpg
20240402_163749.jpg
And this is roady my runner duck still don't know the colour
20240402_163830.jpg 20240402_163837.jpg 20240402_163846.jpg 20240402_163848.jpg

@Jenbirdee I thought I would update you on how roady and Blossom are doing, Blossom is a girl she has started quacking/peeping, roady I don't know yet
Also they have siblings 4 call ducklings that are 4 days old we have spot, petunia, pip and lu lu, they can't be together as roady and Blossom would squash them or eat them
We have put the bottom on the wire cage the calls are in
Here are some pictures, the brahma hen in the outside pictures was injured by are male and has been seperated for about a month she really likes Blossom and roady and wants to mother them but Blossom and roady are scared of her, she has learnt to go really slow, we normally have then seperated (with wire in between) but because I was their I let them be together
20240418_154808.jpg 20240416_093343.jpg 20240416_093345.jpg 20240416_093347.jpg 20240416_093350.jpg 20240416_093353.jpg 20240418_122022.jpg 20240418_122024.jpg

@Jenbirdee I thought I would update you on how roady and Blossom are doing, Blossom is a girl she has started quacking/peeping, roady I don't know yet
Also they have siblings 4 call ducklings that are 4 days old we have spot, petunia, pip and lu lu, they can't be together as roady and Blossom would squash them or eat them
We have put the bottom on the wire cage the calls are in
Here are some pictures, the brahma hen in the outside pictures was injured by are male and has been seperated for about a month she really likes Blossom and roady and wants to mother them but Blossom and roady are scared of her, she has learnt to go really slow, we normally have then seperated (with wire in between) but because I was their I let them be together
View attachment 3805575View attachment 3805568View attachment 3805569View attachment 3805570View attachment 3805571View attachment 3805572View attachment 3805573View attachment 3805574
Beautiful babies and also your bigger ones are really pretty too. So glad you had such good luck with hatching the Calls. Did you have to help or were they able to get out on their own??? Thanks for the pictures and info about them.

Beautiful babies and also your bigger ones are really pretty too. So glad you had such good luck with hatching the Calls. Did you have to help or were they able to get out on their own??? Thanks for the pictures and info about them.
Were your Call duck eggs shipped to you or did you have some Call ducks you got them from yourself? I was just wondering.

I helped them all hatch
Were your Call duck eggs shipped to you or did you have some Call ducks you got them from yourself? I was just wondering.
We bought some eggs but went to pick them up

The call eggs in the incubator right now are from are friend who has Call ducks

A sad story below but happy at the end
We hatched his eggs last year and got 1 baby (incubator problems) which we named Johnny, she died last month (she was 9 months old) and we had her only egg which hatched and we named Jo Jo but she died at 3 days old and the day after that my hamster, fidget, died
It had been an emotional roller coster the past few months, all of this happened and then my new baby cousin was born he is so cute he is 10 days old now and the 4 ducklings hatched 6 days old now
So I guess as the saying goes their is a rainbow of hope after every storm

The call eggs in the incubator right now are from are friend who has Call ducks

A sad story below but happy at the end
We hatched his eggs last year and got 1 baby (incubator problems) which we named Johnny, she died last month (she was 9 months old) and we had her only egg which hatched and we named Jo Jo but she died at 3 days old and the day after that my hamster, fidget, died
It had been an emotional roller coster the past few months, all of this happened and then my new baby cousin was born he is so cute he is 10 days old now and the 4 ducklings hatched 6 days old now
So I guess as the saying goes their is a rainbow of hope after every storm
So glad to hear that things brightened up for you and so sorry for your losses. I hope your next batch of Calls do well for you.

Back
Top Bottom