New Ducks, help ID

pauleberly

Chirping
Mar 21, 2016
East TN
So someone dropped off 3 ducks on my door step... I guess we are that neighbor now lol. Anyways, Anyone have any idea what breed they are. I thought the two were a pekin and the one with a dark bill / line around eyes was maybe a welsh. Thanks in advance!!!

I have no idea what kind they are, but I sure wish somebody would drop off some ducklings on my door step. I get cats and dogs, but no ducks.

That is going to make my wife so happy hahah. We are going to handle these ducklings a lot to make sure they are friendly

Yep thats what i did. My husband thought i was crazy. But every single day since they arrived i have spent time sitting with them. Usually an hour in the evenings. But now that they are without a heat lamp i usually do it during the daylight now. But i hand feed treats and sit on the ground so they can come to me. They really like people.
1f642.png

They follow us all over the yard too

Here they are

I am not sure what that black feathered one is, I am thinking it is not a runner tho. They did have a blast in the grass with a small bowl of water to splash around in. They did not really forage well, but they are extremely skittish still. I might throw them some worms?

Lol i wish someone would drop me off ducklings too
1f923.png

The last one looks exaclty like my buff duckling last year
The first and second im not positive tho...
Maybe all 3 are buff ducklings?

Well, I did not realize that I was THAT neighbor that it was ok to drop random animals off at my house lol I was hoping they were pekin, but that dark billed one I am just not sure about. They stand up tall like Indian Runners, but I did not think they were it

Back
Top Bottom