New emergency "GRAPHIC PHOTOS" HELP!!!!!

chilman

Songster
12 Years
Nov 1, 2011
I just found one of my silkies nearly pecked to death. Almost all of the feathers n her back have been pulled off. They started on her head and wings. She has a large hole very close to her vent. She is still alive. I had to bath her to remove all of the blood, applied vetericy spray, and diluted peroxide. I don't know whether to try and bandage her or leave the wound open.

If you can pinch the skin closed, I suggest using superglue. (It was actually made for medical reasons!) Once it holds, you can go ahead and bandage it..
I've used this for a turkey that had rubbed a huge hole on her chest and it worked fine!
Keep her separared and if you can, within reach like in a garage or (if youd like) in the house

Sorry to hear about this poor girl. I hope she makes it

I would probably bandage it up, is the wound below the vent? (If there is risk of poop going into would bandage it. Don't cover their vent though! Good luck..

If you can pinch the skin closed, I suggest using superglue. (It was actually made for medical reasons!) Once it holds, you can go ahead and bandage it..
I've used this for a turkey that had rubbed a huge hole on her chest and it worked fine!
Keep her separared and if you can, within reach like in a garage or (if youd like) in the house

Sorry to hear about this poor girl. I hope she makes it

Yes superglue is much better than a bandage.

Last edited:
Is there anything you can give them for pain? I know she is hurting?

Any idea why all of a sudden she was being picked on? She has been with the same group of girls and and old rooster for about 3 years. Always been the reserved one of the bunch but never picked on. Always got along with the girls and never caused any problems. She was such a beautiful girl and I have faith she will be beautiful once again. One of my daughters show chickens...a grand champion. She is eating which is good.

Back
Top Bottom