New Englanders! Much ado about New England!

LOL I'm debating on whether I want to go to CT or NH chickenstock, but I'm leaning towards NH b/c it's an hour closer, and it seems as though there will be more people there..

Quote:
Well, I am instigating it for Frozen Feathers- ha ha
I would love to be able to host such an event, but I have not been to other chicken stocks to know what I need.

we need someone to find a place to hold host it and its easy from there, and we are willing to help.
we thought maybe to contact a 4h group, or a fairground or a tractor supply or feed store and see if they are interested and willing. if you want to start there that would get the ball rolling, now as for dates/i think it will be too hot here for a bit we should consider sept. ish

hi wannabe and welcome, we are on the seacoast

Last edited:
Had I heard about the Purina thing sooner - that would have made a great place - since they are promoting feed and buy 1 get 1 on bags. But that is this coming weekend. I would imagine there are places that would let us hold one. There is a TSC in Skowhegan.

Fairgrounds I bet would charge a few
sad.png

what about a school? Since they are out for the summer - maybe chip in to rent a port-a-potty??

Or ????

Louella

Mainer here, and hello from lewiston, where there is no ocean and taxes are crazy looking to move to country so horse can also live at the house and not be boarded .

Ok chicks and roos, I put into action the question of holding a chickenstock at the wild life park in Gray, Maine.
I figured it wouldn't hurt, I also mentioned that we would be bringing poultry to show and tell, also to teach the public about the wonderful world of Chickens!
Do any of you belong to the Maine Poultry Ass't? I do have a pal that belongs to this group, perhaps finding out what they do. Hmmmm, got me thinking, someone fill me in on what else we need to do or have for a chickenstock!
~Kel

Back
Top Bottom