New from Western Ma!!

alterashley

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2016
Hi there! I joined back in August after getting our new girls and have been busy ever since- just logged back on and realized I never introduced myself!

Anyway getting ready to incubate some eggs for the first time, fingers crossed. Cheers to chickens and many many more! They have brought so much entertainment to my life, couldn't be happier.

welcome-byc.gif

If you're just starting your incubation, there's a hatchalong contest that you might be interested in participating in. The link to it is in my signature line (at the bottom of my post). Check it out!

Nice to have you join us!

Hi there! I joined back in August after getting our new girls and have been busy ever since- just logged back on and realized I never introduced myself!

Anyway getting ready to incubate some eggs for the first time, fingers crossed. Cheers to chickens and many many more! They have brought so much entertainment to my life, couldn't be happier.

Though it may be a little too far for you to travel,but there is a Northeastern Avricultural society(NAS) meeting in Westford,Ma.They usually meet the 1st sun of the month,but Jan meeting is on the 2nd sun Jan 8th.Go to www.neasociety.com for info.Lots of birds,rabbits there.
In N.H.,Tony.

Tony,

Thank you again for the note about the fair- it might be a huge help. Do they often sell day olds there? I've got four in the incubator down from seven (PO scrambled them during transit and it's going to be a bad hatch out I think). I'm worried only one is going to hatch- and I know they don't do well alone. I'm looking to pick up a couple day old ASAP to put in the brooder to help this ones chances. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
were you able to find any? i could ask around my area too, or on the maine thread someone had a singleton

G’Day from down under alterashley
frow.gif
Welcome!

Good luck with the hatch.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

[/IMG]Thank you for all the info and I will definitely check out the poultry meet!

We are setting 6 sex links tonight. Right now I'm the coop we have three SLW, 3 black jersey Giants and one silkie rooster who's a total lunatic (I'm pretty sure he's not all there.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom