NEW GOAT OWNER IN NEED OF HELP!

quickness

Hatching
Apr 24, 2017
I've decided to start raising goats & figured 1 little buck would be my first! He's about 3 months old now & trying to get him interested in anything other than his bottle, is proving to be impossible! He nibbles on his hay after he's had his bottle (but only if I leave him alone), but is absolutely uninterested in his minerals or grass, nothing seems to peak this little guy's interest. Does anyone have tips or tricks I could try, I'm very worried!

Last edited:
Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

I second getting another goat. Like chickens, goats are highly social and need companions.

G’Day from down under quickness
frow.gif
Welcome!

As I see you found the ‘Other Pets & Livestock’ Forum and I have no experience with goats, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

I agree another goat about the same age, competition sharpens appetites and provides companionship. Also goats love something to climb on or bounce on, sometimes people set up a jungle gym to keep them occupied.

Back
Top Bottom