New Hampshire Breed Thread

Pics
Quote:
hey there kwyandotte I answered your PM but just in case i messed it up which is very probable. Mrs. Kathy (kathyinmo) has some so get a hold of her and check it out I don't know if they are in production right at the moment, she says everythings a'losing feathers all over the place now, but get you-self in line there 'cause I'm pretty sure there's a waiting line (which means that's a good thing) right?
wink.png
lol.png

Jeff

here ya go: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=419283 post #12

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5123187#p5123187

Last edited:
Thanks gjenson. I don't really care at all what breed they are, I just want something to call them when people ask. So, "production red" is what someone else mentioned, so that seems to be what we'll call them besides Clara, Beth, Ginger, ... Yes, they are loads of fun! I'm taking Clara to the special learning center tomorrow morning for a group of students to get a little hands-on as they study the letter "H"

Hello everyone. I would like to jump in on this thread as I have been following anything that has to do with New Hampshires. I guess it all started when Ms. Kathy (kathyinmo) had an auction for some eggs. Those birds were absolutely beautiful! I managed to get a few hatching eggs supposedly the same lines as hers. Only one hatched from that batch,it was a roo and I managed to hatch 2 hens from the next batch but a racoon managed to get one of them. So now I have a pullet and a cockerel to start my New Hampshire flock. I'm posting a picture of my roo to get any feedback about him. Thanks for looking.
78097_dscf0202.jpg
78097_dscf0172.jpg
P.S. His tail feathers got a little tattered from 6 Brahma roosters which are now doing time in my freezer! Also, he is about 5 1/2 months old.

Last edited:
Quote:
He is your only cockerel so grow him another six to eight weeks to see if he fills out. I would like to see what he looks like then. That is if you don't mind posting again.

Quote:
We have always had alot of young people around, and the chickens usually end up a talking point. Animals always get everyone's attention, and break the ice. Often the more withdrawn children will open up with an animal that doesn't intimidate them. I try to make the most of those oppurtunities.

Quote:
What hatchery is your New Hampshires from? Can you post pictures of them?

I don't think I can post pictures on here yet haven't posted enough but they came from Murray mcmurray.

Quote:
He is your only cockerel so grow him another six to eight weeks to see if he fills out. I would like to see what he looks like then. That is if you don't mind posting again.

I would be glad to post pics of him in a couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom