New Hampshire!

That's interesting. My chicks are in my basement and incubators are in the spare bedroom; we breed Golden Retrievers so dogs and puppies are all over too.

Speaking of chicks, I just hatched out a bunch of EEs, OEs, and Blue marans if anyone is looking for chicks! :)

So jealous of all the hatching and chicks. I only incubate in my art studio (spare bedroom) and then use my outdoor brooders as I cannot stand the smell and dust and all that goes with chicks in the house. I don't know how y'all do it. I've tried the basement, a small room, a closet but just cannot take the smell even if I clean it once a week, or every other day or every day. I've tried it all but just cannot do it. I have 2 small blue brooders I got from Strombergs (I think) that I LOVE and I keep them only for the first 24 - 48 hours inside in a closet that I keep my art supplies in to steady their legs then they have got to get outside. I am so wanting to start up the incubators again...patience I tell myself.
barnie.gif

When I did my npip testing last July they didnt inspect anything, not even a glance in my coops. I thought they would be more thorough, but all they did was draw blood and leave.

I will be scheduling my next npip for late spring.

So jealous of all the hatching and chicks. I only incubate in my art studio (spare bedroom) and then use my outdoor brooders as I cannot stand the smell and dust and all that goes with chicks in the house. I don't know how y'all do it. I've tried the basement, a small room, a closet but just cannot take the smell even if I clean it once a week, or every other day or every day. I've tried it all but just cannot do it. I have 2 small blue brooders I got from Strombergs (I think) that I LOVE and I keep them only for the first 24 - 48 hours inside in a closet that I keep my art supplies in to steady their legs then they have got to get outside. I am so wanting to start up the incubators again...patience I tell myself.
barnie.gif

lol I know the feeling of the incubator itch. I already started hatching. But I am pacing myself as to not get overrun with chicks.

When I did my npip testing last July they didnt inspect anything, not even a glance in my coops. I thought they would be more thorough, but all they did was draw blood and leave.

I will be scheduling my next npip for late spring.

Interesting. Guess I'll need to question the need for different levels of inspection to qualify for NPIP. Most do it because they sell chicks/eggs or show, and want some (limited) piece of mind for them selves and their buyers, not because they like pretty numbers.

Hi Everyone .......... I just wanted to show off a few pullets that my broody hen hatched on Mother's Day last year. They are 33 weeks old. I got the eggs from a wonderful lady in Chester. Tulip hatched out 3 EE's and 2 Black Copper Marans. I kept one of each and they are beautiful. The Marans has been laying beautiful dark brown eggs for a few weeks now. Still waiting for the EE to have her first egg. I'm dying to see what color the eggs will be. She hatched out of a blue egg but she has feathers on her legs so that has me guessing if her father was a Black Copper Marans .......... if that is the case will she lay brown eggs even though she hatched out of a blue egg?

Stella - EE

Coco - Black Copper Marans

Hi ....... I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if Mindy is an EE or an Ameraucana? I was told that I was buying Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs to give to my broody hen. She hatched on August 16th so she is 22 weeks old.

Hi ....... I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if Mindy is an EE or an Ameraucana? I was told that I was buying Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs to give to my broody hen. She hatched on August 16th so she is 22 weeks old.

Sorry, don't know enough about them but she sure is pretty!

Back
Top Bottom