New Hampshire!

Im so excited! Today DH and I made our first ever batch of maple syrup.
wee.gif
I love pure maple syrup. We started our day with 5 gallons of sap, boiled it down for 7 hours and finally got enough tasty syrup to almost fill a 12oz syrup bottle.

So I thought I would share some pics
This is DH "monitoring" the sap lol. He dragged the papasan chair into the kitchen. Really he did a great job monitoring the sap for 6 hours.

Here is some of some of the sap we were boiling

This is when it was getting closer to being done( this after were combined both large pots to one small pot)

Here we are 7 hours later and the sap finally became syrup as you can see in the pan in the background

funneled the syrup in, we were so close to the top. I probably shouldn't have been tasting it continuously during the 7 hour cook down lol maybe that's where that last missing bit went to. lol

And tada our final product.

Im so proud of ourselves. Mainly DH he did most of the work with the tapping and collecting and monitoring boiling sap, I did the last hour of boiling, watching VERY closely for it to finally turn into syrup. It happens pretty fast.

Its a long process but so exciting.

Now I cant wait for some French toast in the AM
big_smile.png

Im so excited! Today DH and I made our first ever batch of maple syrup.
wee.gif
I love pure maple syrup. We started our day with 5 gallons of sap, boiled it down for 7 hours and finally got enough tasty syrup to almost fill a 12oz syrup bottle.

And tada our final product.

Im so proud of ourselves. Mainly DH he did most of the work with the tapping and collecting and monitoring boiling sap, I did the last hour of boiling, watching VERY closely for it to finally turn into syrup. It happens pretty fast.

Its a long process but so exciting.

Now I cant wait for some French toast in the AM
big_smile.png

Nice job! I've thought about doing that ever since we bought this house but I still have to go around the property and find all the Sugar Maples. That looks like it tastes super delish! I have so many 'would love to do's'. Bee keeping is high on that list.

Nice job! I've thought about doing that ever since we bought this house but I still have to go around the property and find all the Sugar Maples. That looks like it tastes super delish! I have so many 'would love to do's'. Bee keeping is high on that list.

Bee keeping is high on our list also. We have been talking about and reading about bee keeping for about 1 1/2 years now. We think we may start next spring.

Bee keeping is high on our list also. We have been talking about and reading about bee keeping for about 1 1/2 years now. We think we may start next spring.

it's on our list too but it a big list LOL

i still need to clear the trees in the back corner of the property so i'll have a place to put their hives

Back
Top Bottom