New Hampshire!

Pics
Alrighty.. being the stubborn RI-born girl that I am, put a very thin layer of hay in my coop after cleaning out the rest of the shavings. Two days later, I am pretty disgusted at the state of the coop floor around where I place the waterer at night... ya'll are right. Back to shavings as soon as I run out of hay! The newest dilemma: I think I might have ALL pullets and no roos. Darn. Is there a way to tell at 4 weeks old?

Alrighty.. being the stubborn RI-born girl that I am, put a very thin layer of hay in my coop after cleaning out the rest of the shavings. Two days later, I am pretty disgusted at the state of the coop floor around where I place the waterer at night... ya'll are right. Back to shavings as soon as I run out of hay! The newest dilemma: I think I might have ALL pullets and no roos. Darn. Is there a way to tell at 4 weeks old?

I find sexing birds at 3 to 4 weeks old is the easiest for me with my orps

Anyone here raise quail? Or have in the past? If so, what type(s)? And for eggs, meat, or pets? Just curious! I remember someone posting about quail recently, it got me reading about them so now I'm totally curious. :)

I have a bunch of chicks some about a mo old and some day old some pure some mixed we will be getting rid of the Roos when they are old enuff to tell the dif if interested let me know we are in bradford nh

Anyone here raise quail? Or have in the past? If so, what type(s)? And for eggs, meat, or pets? Just curious! I remember someone posting about quail recently, it got me reading about them so now I'm totally curious. :)
I don't know much about them but have read into them a little while back as I was also curious and thought about raising some. The tiny eggs are so pretty all marbled they look like little pieces of art. I might get some one day. I saw and ad on craigslist $5 for dozen hatching eggs.

My sister sent me a box of bob whites last yr.... I fatten them up and sent them to freezer camp... THEY were wonderful... very good tasting meat.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom