New House on the Block..... Playhouse Duplex! (LOTS of PIXS!)

I have to tell you that this is one of the cutest coops I've seen!!
smile.png

What a great job ya'll did.

Missi

That's so freaking cute I can't stand it!

Sorry for the dumb newby questions but how many birds will those playhouses hold and how predator proof are they? I've heard of people using them but never seen one and couldn't imagine how to retrofit it for a coop. They're absolutely adorable and I'd love to collect a whole *village* of them.

I Dream 0f Chickens *Ü* :

Genius! We've got a playhouse in our backyard that we aren't using. Why didn't I think of this before?!?!?

What did you use to fasten the hardware cloth to the plastic?

I used drywall screws and washers. On some windows I used old shutters to allow ventilation but still some protection from the weather. I mounted the shutters over the wire which held it into place​

My DH wouldnt let me use the playhouse as a coop because its not insulated enough for winter or strong enough to withstand the storms and winds we have! I sent it to my sons house for awhile but I still want to try this!

We used screws with wide heads (same as using washers but saves a step) to secure the hardware cloth on the windows and doors. A barrel bold on both doors locks them at night and both houses are secured to the bases with "L" brackets. It's not going anywhere attached to the heavy base. The two interior windows (the walls that are against each other) are left open so the chickens can go back and forth after they are locked up for the night. We currently have 5 chickens and they all seem to want to sleep together in one house. That will leave the other free for the nesting boxes and food & water if the weather gets bad.
56030_door.jpg

Back
Top Bottom