New Jersey

It was my town high school's craft fair. The elementary school is having one soon. The lizard eats mealworms, baby food or fruit, and lizard pellets. You don't have to touch the worms, you leave the can in the tank and they last for four months supposedly. Apparently, as long as your house is within temperature range, you do not need a heat lamp. However, a UV light is recommended for bone strength. It was basically a bunch of venders (jewelry, decorations, clothing, other accessories) that sold stuff, and then there was the lizard guy. He comes to a lot of my town fairs and always sells all his reptiles. He sold out today even. Tomorrow, I have to go buy worms, lizard food, baby food, and a UV light. And, I picked out some nice jewelry and Christmas ornaments while I was there too! I'll get a pic of him tomorrow. His name is Terrador.
smile.png
oh, and when I said my zoo is complete, I meant I now have birds, mammals, an amphibian, and a reptile. I wish I could have more!
u really should have a heat lamp and u should join herptology!

I was told by a 4-H leader that outdoor chickens do not need grit because they get it from the dirt? I do feed it to them about once a week, but they are fine.
you should feed them grit in a bowl to help with the egg production and strength of egg shells i give my birds grit and it helps better with eggs then without grit!

u really should have a heat lamp and u should join herptology! 

I am going to the store sometime this week to look at lamps. I just got worms for him today. So there is a Herp club? I wasn't sure if it was official or not. I don't know if I'm going to join though. I'm already in rabbit and now poultry, so I need to see how my busy schoolwork mixes with this. I wanted an iguana or monitor, but I don't have room and I wasn't allowed to keep a "dinosaur" in the house. :/

you should feed them grit in a bowl to help with the egg production and strength of egg shells i give my birds grit and it helps better with eggs then without grit! 

I do throw grit down on the ground once or twice a week. No matter where I put it, the hens will find some way to spill it anyways. Plus, the grit usually just sits there for a week, they really don't eat it when I give it to them. I finally have three of my hens laying. Two of them are still working out their schedules though.

If they are outdoors they don't need additional grit. I was referring to the chicks that are getting treats and are still in the brooder. I used to put bits of sand and tiny pebbled in their mash if I was going to feed treats until they learn to pick their own grit up. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
I fed my chicks chick grit, but they never really ate it then either... Partaially because they didn't like treats. And, they were allowed to play outside at about 4 weeks old.

Shadowrabbit- your location just caught my eye! My four year old daughter (my avatar pic) is OBSESSED with dragons!!!! She draws them and wants them drawn for her constantly. Her preschool uses dragon stickers for her daily reward for having a good day. It was also her halloween costume. Her pictures of them are all over our house. She loves dinosaurs just as much.

I LOVE dragons and dinosaurs! When I was little, I never really played with dolls, no, I preferred dinosaur toys! Lol. I wish my preschool have out dragon stickers. :( She is cute!

Are you still looking for chicks about the age of 3 months or so. I have a few i would be willing to sell. They are Light Brahmas,and i have a couple of Polish/Maran mixes also. I am in Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom