New Jersey

Mine dont eat greens.... What other foods are high in calcium? Here's what's reacts they have had this week:
Corn (a favorite)
Mealworms
Cantaloupe
Watermelon
Corn bread
A medley of cheese, rice, and broccoli
Cucumber
Papaya
Banana
It is only my EE. My Silkie laid the funky egg, but my Orpington's eggs are fine...

I don't think any of that is high enough to cause it. I only have one that lays eggs like that also (out of six that have laid). I just thought it was her inner workings, how she did eggs. I never looked into it more, although I thought the same as you.

That's what I always thought, but since you brought it up, know I don't know. I searched posts when I was noticing it and from what I read, the consensus seemed like its' her working parts and not to worry about it. For me her eggs have always been like that, so that's why I was going with that theory. Sorry if I haven't really helped.

That's what I always thought, but since you brought it up, know I don't know. I searched posts when I was noticing it and from what I read, the consensus seemed like its' her working parts and not to worry about it. For me her eggs have always been like that, so that's why I was going with that theory. Sorry if I haven't really helped.

so, I took a look at her first eggs and noticed that they all have these spots on them! I guess thats just how she lays them then. I'm fine with spotted green eggs though!
cool.png

Thank you!! Yeah they are still sweet Lil girls. Just naughty at times.
smile.png
I went to AC for the week for a convention. Looks pretty good down there considering !!

My girls are always uncomfortable when they are growing in new feathers. I try not to handle them at all when they are coming in, as I'm sure it bothers them. You certainly can handle them, just be careful. And, yes, their misbehavior is definitely the terrible twos. They will outgrow it - eventually. It will be pretty annoying until they do, though. Glad Marsie's doing well.

Those spots on their eggs are normal, ladies. All fresh eggs have their quirks - they won't look like store eggs. Even the same hen lays different eggs every day - sometimes it's the color, sometimes it's the shape, sometimes it's the size. This may be the way the EE lays her eggs - it's not unusual. If they are pullets, the eggs can especially varied until they get their system regulated. Do a search in Google under weird eggs, and check out the images. Your eggs will look pretty good, then.

Last edited:
My girls are always uncomfortable when they are growing in new feathers.  I try not to handle them at all when they are coming in, as I'm sure it bothers them.  You certainly can handle them, just be careful.  And, yes, their misbehavior is definitely the terrible twos.  They will outgrow it - eventually.  It will be pretty annoying until they do, though.  Glad Marsie's doing well.

Those spots on their eggs are normal, ladies.  All fresh eggs have their quirks - they won't look like store eggs.  Even the same hen lays different eggs every day - sometimes it's the color, sometimes it's the shape, sometimes it's the size.  This may be the way the EE lays her eggs - it's not unusual.  If they are pullets, the eggs can especially varied until they get their system regulated.  Do a search in Google under weird eggs, and check out the images.  Your eggs will look pretty good, then.

Thanks Mame. I'm waiting for my FBCM to figure it all out now. In between a couple normal eggs she has twice laid a soft shelled covered in yolk. Only laying a week now.

Thanks Mame. I'm waiting for my FBCM to figure it all out now. In between a couple normal eggs she has twice laid a soft shelled covered in yolk. Only laying a week now.

Soft-shelled eggs are different, and potentially a cause for concern. Just make sure the oyster shell is always available, and that she's partaking regularly.

Back
Top Bottom