New Jersey

Hi All-
We have been chicken owners for 4 years and a have a flock of nine ladies mostly, white leghorns. We are looking to add some variety to our flock this spring in the way of EEs, silkies and bantams. I was planning to take my kids to Schaefer Farms this weekend to search out some new chicks, but they had a major equipment failure and lost their batch of 400 eggs :( We are located in Somerset County. Does anyone know of any farms that might have silkies available? I am only looking to add 4 EEs and silkies total to the flock, so Tractor Supply etc are out. I know it will take awhile to find some bantams, but I was hoping to be able to get the other breeds this weekend since we will be home for spring break next week to watch over them! Thanks!!

Hi All-
We have been chicken owners for 4 years and a have a flock of nine ladies mostly, white leghorns. We are looking to add some variety to our flock this spring in the way of EEs, silkies and bantams. I was planning to take my kids to Schaefer Farms this weekend to search out some new chicks, but they had a major equipment failure and lost their batch of 400 eggs :( We are located in Somerset County. Does anyone know of any farms that might have silkies available? I am only looking to add 4 EEs and silkies total to the flock, so Tractor Supply etc are out. I know it will take awhile to find some bantams, but I was hoping to be able to get the other breeds this weekend since we will be home for spring break next week to watch over them! Thanks!!

It may be too far away for you, but take a look at jerseychickens.com they have silkies and olive eggers according to their site .they are in Jackson. I got mine there.

Hi All-

Jersey Chickens has a list of available chicken breeds on their Facebook page every week.

You have to catch them when they're home. Not convenient if you come from long distances. Jersey Chickens has some nice, healthy birds. (I've gotten light brahmas, Cali Whites and BR's from them. Only problem is they don't seem to be able to keep their breeds or sexes right on very young chicks. The BR's were supposed to have been Black Australorps (we didn't really want more BR's) and the two Brahma pullets we got turned out to both be roosters.

Overall, though, not a bad place to get birds as long as you're ok with a couple extra Roos.

Hi All,

Does anyone raise Ameraucanas? I am looking for a young black AM cockerel to go with 3 pullets. I have 2 blues and 1 black and my daughter wants to breed and possibly show them for 4H. I am in central western NJ and hoping not to have to drive too far lol!

I just started looking for some good quality B/B/S Ameraucanas as well. I was referred to Tom Kernan (856)785-0678. A woman from the Sussex Cty show said he had good show quality birds. I bought some supposed "show quality" hatching eggs on EBay last year and ended up with beard-less birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom