New Jersey

Great cream crested legbar hatch this weekend! 11/16 and I haven't given up on the remaining 5 yet. I also have 5/10 red golden pheasants out and 4 others pipping! Finally. I have been trying to get those for years. Now, where to put them....

8 days ago we put 4 mallard duck eggs under a newly broody hen. after laying the 4th egg the duck never came back which i guess is a good thing because we live about 1/2 a mile from water! i've ALWAYS wanted to hatch egss so we figured why not give them to Beans to hatch them. well we candled them last night. first time i ever did this. what an amazing experience!!! couldn't believe it when we saw movement flittering around. very cool

Just woke up to shreeking. Found one of my hens in the yard still alive but in complete shock and 4 missing including the eggs that one was hatching. Feathers everywhere. First night our electric fencing was off for recharging. Just awful.

Last edited:
Just woke up to shreeking. Found one of my hens in the yard still alive but in complete shock and 4 missing including the eggs that one was hatching. Feathers everywhere. First night our electric fencing was off for recharging. Just awful.

1f614.png

Back
Top Bottom