New Jersey

@CKfarm22 Give them a call. I live maybe 20 minutes from them. I usually just call, find out what’s available. I also find out what’s going to be coming soon. Sometimes they don’t have what you want on hand but they are planning to start that breed of eggs soon. Once we work it out I just tell them to let me know when I can pick up my choices. So easy. Hey, did you know Melissa Gilbert of Little House On The Prairie fame got her chickens from V&R?

@CKfarm22 Give them a call. I live maybe 20 minutes from them. I usually just call, find out what’s available. I also find out what’s going to be coming soon. Sometimes they don’t have what you want on hand but they are planning to start that breed of eggs soon. Once we work it out I just tell them to let me know when I can pick up my choices. So easy. Hey, did you know Melissa Gilbert of Little House On The Prairie fame got her chickens from V&R?
I’ll give them a call and see what they can do for me. Hopefully they would be able to hold my choices the same day so I know they would be available for when i arrive, they do have the breeds I want. And i did not?!? Thank you!

Anyone know anything about having a small egg stand in Whiting, NJ?
I imagine if you're out away from all those senior villages you could, but then again Manchester Twp has all those NO anything signs everywhere you may want to check with the powers that be. I haven't even seen little vegetable stands that home gardeners put out. Things have changed in Whiting since the 60s.

I imagine if you're out away from all those senior villages you could, but then again Manchester Twp has all those NO anything signs everywhere you may want to check with the powers that be. I haven't even seen little vegetable stands that home gardeners put out. Things have changed in Whiting since the 60s.
I’m in the very back of the whiting neighborhood. (Kind) of away from the senior developments but still in a neighborhood. We don’t see many code enforcers out here. I’ve seen them in Jackson, but nothing here.
Manchester is ridiculous with anything. We actually had an inspection for our AC unit we put in and he didn’t say anything about the chicken coop were building or the generator lol. Looked at the unit and said “yeah you’re good”. So many rules for literally nothing 🤦

I’m in the very back of the whiting neighborhood. (Kind) of away from the senior developments but still in a neighborhood. We don’t see many code enforcers out here. I’ve seen them in Jackson, but nothing here.
Manchester is ridiculous with anything. We actually had an inspection for our AC unit we put in and he didn’t say anything about the chicken coop were building or the generator lol. Looked at the unit and said “yeah you’re good”. So many rules for literally nothing 🤦
I'd put a sign out that just says "EGGS" as a feeler. Or set your stand up and see what happens. The worst thing that can happen is NO. The only place I see selling eggs is Saratoga Farms but they're in New Egypt. We're in Woodland Twp and there are eggs for sale all over the twp. Horses, goats even had some Emus a while back. Good Luck.

I'd put a sign out that just says "EGGS" as a feeler. Or set your stand up and see what happens. The worst thing that can happen is NO. The only place I see selling eggs is Saratoga Farms but they're in New Egypt. We're in Woodland Twp and there are eggs for sale all over the twp. Horses, goats even had some Emus a while back. Good Luck.
wow!!! that’s cool!

Welcome from Salem county! Poop boards under the roosts help alot with scooping poop from the coop. I believe @DobieLover has an article about her beautiful coop and the poop boards. I use leaves, grass, old bedding , wood chips, and dirt in my run. When it gets too wet (after snow melt) I may throw in some hay but that takes a long time to break down so I usually remove it after it dries out.
Also Salem County here! Glad to have a fellow local around!
RE: Local Chicks, Flowering Pear Poultry in Pittsgrove has chicks and hatching eggs. There's also Ryan's Roost and Rabbitry in Leed's Point.

What breeds of chickens? Leed's Point is an easy ride Past Harrisville to Rt 9 jump on the PKWY and there, depending on breeds.
A lot of really appealing ones to me. They change a little every month! Her May hatch is next week and the week after and she's offering:

Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben (Sexed White layer)
Blue Andalusian (Sexed White layer)
Opal Legbar (Autosexing Blue layer)
Crested Cream Legbar (Autosexing Blue layer)
Olive Egger (Sexed Green layer)
Buff Orpington (Sexed Pinkish/Brown layer)
Lavender Orpington (Sexed Pinkish/Brown layer)
Salmon Faverolle (Sexed Pink layer)
Bielefelder (Kennhuhn) (Autosexing Brown layer)
Silver Bielefelder (Autosexing Brown layer)
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte (Sexed Brown layer)
Blue Jersey Giant (Sexed Brown layer)
Blue Laced Barnevelder (Sexed Chocolate layer)

The following are straight run only:
Blue Silver Wheaten Maran
Ayam Cemani

And she also has hatching eggs, quail, and rabbits. You can find her on her facebook group Ryan's Roost and Rabbitry. She often has pictures of her flocks on there so you can decide if her chickens are for you.

I'm actually picking up 6 assorted chicks from her next weekend (Salmon Fav, Olive Egger, Opal Legbar, Buff Orp, Bielefelder, and Blue Laced Barnevelder) and I'm very excited!

Back
Top Bottom