New Jersey

Awesome, glad you were able to get them! What color silkies does he have as I'm looking to get some, but not fond of some colors. Let us know when you get them and take lots of pics.  :)

I'm not sure what color, good question! With all this talk of poo, I'm hoping not white.

this is my new coop. Just needs a little paint and it will good as new.

I saw that one on CL too! Very cute!

You guys have any recommendations for automatic coop doors?

Thx!!

Anyone ordering chicks this spring? I'm thinking of ordering some to raise and sell to local people or 4-hers. I haven't had chicks in a long time and would like to raise them one more time before leaving for school!

What kinds and how many are you going to order? What hatchery are you using?

Last edited:
Anyone ordering chicks this spring? I'm thinking of ordering some to raise and sell to local people or 4-hers. I haven't had chicks in a long time and would like to raise them one more time before leaving for school!

Well I may order some marans and blue wheaten AM. Possibly from Taylor hobby farms again. That's where my last batch came from in October. I am hoping to get some olive eggers from kahlua this spring also. How could you forget about the spilled food, poop and dust already. Lol. What are you thinking of getting?

Well I may order some marans and blue wheaten AM. Possibly from Taylor hobby farms again. That's where my last batch came from in October. I am hoping to get some olive eggers from kahlua this spring also. How could you forget about the spilled food, poop and dust already. Lol. What are you thinking of getting?
are they sexed or is it strait run from Taylor hobby farms? I couldn't find that on their web site,
thanks

Is any one in rhe 4h club
i min 4H in ocean county

if u buy chicks i dont recommend selling them to 4Hers in 4H we try tp promote buying from breeders and best quality birds you can find

I think it's a good idea. Not everyone wants expensive breeder birds. What county are you from? If I recall correctly, you are in Middletown or something? Also, as long as people know what they are getting, there's nothing wrong with breeding hatchery birds as long as they are healthy.

Back
Top Bottom