New Magpie Thread!!!!

Mvpitzki

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 12, 2013
I have a 3 year old magpie who is recovering from bubble foot and wanted see other magpies, so please post pics of your magpies

Without fail, I get an egg a day from each of my Magpie females. They're always done laying by the time I am done milking, and then I let them out to free range.

I now have six total Magpies. This is one of my own I hatched this year. I didn't do much hatching, because a new job meant I had little time to 'mother' a huge gang of ducklings. I love how this girl turned out, she has a nice balance of white and black.

Ok so last month i told the ducks to start paying rent.i guess they Underwood me just fine casus they started laying that week, got two eggs the next couple of days.now I'm getting nine a day from ten hens.:D:D

I do, but I want pure magpie. I have a swedish, buff, and mallard drakes with the magpie being the only hen. I got 7 assorted ducklings: 2 buffs, 1 blue swedish, 1 cayuga, 1 mallard, 1 black indian runner and a pekin. Without a magpie drake I might have to wait for the pekin to grow and mate with my magpie hen to see if it gives any ducklings close to having magpie markings.

This place is selling pure magpies, if you are OK with shipped eggs.

With everybody at 5-6 weeks old, we are quite confident that we have three hens out of the four Magpie ducklings! Hurray!

I'm not sure if these are coming into their voices earlier, or if we just know better what we're looking for this time around... I feel like it took up to that 10 week mark with my Anconas before I was confident about the genders.

They are fitting right into our flock very nicely, too. We still house them separately at night, but they are spending more and more time free ranging and hanging out in the run together. I will have to post an updated picture when I can get to my computer, since the mobile photos still seem to be a bit dysfunctional.

Just got my FIRST Eggs from my Magpie, they are a light beige color! I can't believe I didn't see these four beauties sooner! I'm so eggcited! Wasn't sure when or what color they would be! So hopefully the other girl starts laying soon!
yesss.gif
love.gif
wee.gif

Here are my girls :)

Here's my little Girl, Spats. 5 months old, She was suppose to be a boy! Its okay we have her boyfriend with the name of geisha cause he was suppose to be the girl! LOL

Back
Top Bottom