New Magpie Thread!!!!

are the magpies laying yet, any where? mine aren't :-(
Mine began laying in September. I have two hens. They lay an egg each most every day. I can't tell the difference between their eggs and my chicken eggs...at least not in taste. I am providing about 14 hours of light per day.

magpies are my favorite little ducks, everyone says theyre very rare in the US but last may i accidentally bought 2 little babies not knowing theyre rare. they seem to sell them alot at a store near me, i have 3 now and i have one adult magpie blue swedish mix, so i have 3 full blood magpie, one magpie swedish mix, and 3 babies from the magpie blue swedish mixXmagpie.. they look just like magpie but with black feet! theyre so cute also everywhere says theyre a smaller breed but my male is around 10 pounds? is he just fat or?

does anyone know what sounds like a good price to sell magpie eggs?

Nothing is cuter then baby magpies! I can't wait to start hatching again. I'm planning in hatching as many as I can this year. Hoping for at least 20 so I can hopefully get some well marked ones.

I have one drake that is on the larger side. His is bigger then the others, but still within the normal range.

Yes Magpies are rare for the US. I wish a local place would sell some, but no chance of that. I got my first 2 from someone that bought them as a pair, but it ended up being 2 drakes. It took me over a year to find some more. I haven't ordered from a hatchery, but may this year to bring in some new blood to my flock. I have been able to find a few here and there from people that don't know what they have. I try to educate them a little on the breed and let them know if they find anymore to let me know. I try to get to snag any that come along, but I have passed on some cause they had too much color.

Enjoying some corn for an afternoon snack.

This winter has been crazy. We get some snow and then it warms up and melts. The duckers love all the water that runs through the yard.

If you were closer I'd sell you eggs! I've got 3 full blooded magpies so I'm sure I could breed them and come out with some good marked ones.
I just gave my babies their first bath, so cute!

Ok so last month i told the ducks to start paying rent.i guess they Underwood me just fine casus they started laying that week, got two eggs the next couple of days.now I'm getting nine a day from ten hens.:D:D

Back
Top Bottom