New Mandarin ducks

He is not normally so calm. Just when I walk them back to the light pen. We have had storms and strong wind the last two nights, and they are brand new here, so put them in our brooder house over night. Didn't want them to spook and injur themselves. Will take more photos with my camera though soon. Those were just taken quickly with my phone.

Such big eyes! So pretty! I can't afford fancy poultry, just my mutt-ducks, but someday I want to make a big aviary and get some Mandarins.

Do you have to have a permit to keep them? I know you need permits for Wood Ducks because they are migratory birds.

Even if mandarins aren't native to the US, do you still need permits?

Those are so pretty! I love the colorful drake!
woot.gif

Pretty!I like the doe eyes,Looks like you got good friendly ones. The normals were my first exotic duck. I will always have some as they are one of the most beautiul ducks there is. And also dont break the bank. Congrats and enjoy em! Hopefully we'll see baby pics this spring.
lol.png

awsome, your aviary looks like it is right off of your hosue or garage or something? very cool. friendly ducks!

I can see it from the kitchen, when I pull up to the top of the driveway and from the back porch/pool enclosure. It sits in front of a 14x20' coop on the north side of our yard.

I am so excited!!!! I get my First Mandarin tomorrow~ 3 White Hens... Then I am getting Two Regular Drakes off of another man.
Thanks for sharing your Pictures.....I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas I have wanted them for SO LONG
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom