New member lost

DLBOONE

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2015
Hi, DLBoone here. I'm new to BYC and my first time to any forum. I am lost as what to do. I want to ask a Q. about incubators. I don't know what a thread or a post is. FAQ was no help. My dad told me the only dumb Q. was the one you didn't ask. So i'll just ask it here. Do you thread first and then post or what? Anyway I would like to know how to Sanitize the electrical elements, heater, hygrometer, egg turner motor, etc inside the incubator? Thank you so very much for your help.

Hi there and welcome to BYC!

Go to "Forum Nav" at the top of the page and scroll down - there's a forum for incubating and hatching eggs.

Sorry, i accidentally sent the above message.

To start a thread, you will see just under Forum Nav a grey box that says "Start a new thread" - click on that and then type away! And your dad is quite right - there's no such thing as a dumb question to never feel shy. Sorry, i don't use incubators, but those that do will help out i am sure.

Good luck

CT

for any electrical component that needs sanitizing you need a greater then 90% alcohol and just spray it liberally and allow to completely dry before you reapply power.

for most other things you can use a 10% bleach solution, but it will cause corrosion on anything metal/electrical.

Wow, Thank you JetCat, Just got back from DMV mile long, long line. Been googling this Q. for two days and you are the first to address it. Nice to have found BYC. I will use the 90% alcohol. Thank again.

OK, Thread/topic, Post comments to thread, got it. I had it backwards. Thanks, Going to start my 1st hatch as soon as I sanitize everything.

Thanks for your time. If I can sanitize all the elect. elements in my bater. can I sanitize all of it with 91% alcohol spray?

Back
Top Bottom