New Mexico

I've got 3 duck eggs (Pekin Hen, unknown Drake) and 6 green tinted eggs in the incubator.

Dak, what are your Ameraurcana[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]s? LF or Bantams? I've been looking for some Aeraurcanas to hatch. I really really want blue eggs.[/FONT]

I'll be hatching pure pekins later this summer. I want to make sure my hen is mating with my drake first (I acquired her from someone with different breeds of ducks).

Last edited:
I've got 3 duck eggs (Pekin Hen, unknown Drake) and 6 green tinted eggs in the incubator.

Dak, what are your Ameraurcana[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]s? LF or Bantams? I've been looking for some Aeraurcanas to hatch. I really really want blue eggs.[/FONT]

I'll be hatching pure pekins later this summer. I want to make sure my hen is mating with my drake first (I acquired her from someone with different breeds of ducks).

Currently they are all LF, but I have bantam B/B/S Ams in the incubator from a show breeder in IN.

I am selling Lav Am eggs this year, but don't have a breeding pen set up for the B/B this year. They'll get their turn next year.

No chance you wanna trade some Lav Am eggs for some Pekin eggs?
tongue.png

Aww, my boyfriend won't let me bid that much on eggs (He doesn't know what eggs normally run for anyways).

I'll just stare at the pics you posted and dream for now.

Hello, everyone!

I'm in Edgewood here. My husband was just stationed at Kirtland AFB. We came from Georgia so things are a bit different :) I left my chickens at a good home in Georgia but sadly I haven't been able to find any silkies. Does anyone know where I could find some? :) My chickens have a 400sq ft run and 2 coups. I have 8 right now (3 EEs, golden comet, rhode island red, buff orphington, barred rock, and one who-knows-what). I'm only looking for a handful :) All the babies are still in the garage and won't be able to go out for another 3-4 weeks.

Thanks, anyone, for the help. I'm not very backyard chicken literate, so if you could message me, it would be much easier than me finding the reply :)

I hope there are more chicken people in the area! Look forward to talking with ya.

Does anyone have or know of someone who has silkies? In a perfect world, they would be female and in the SE part of the state..... ( I remember there was a gentleman I think in Abq who breeds them but iir, he only sells them in m/f pairs......)

Thanks!
Tikki :)

I'm in Edgewood and have been looking for silkies as well! Please let me know if you come across any and I'll do the same. thank you!

Hiya Lute,
I'm in Socorro, sorry I didn't see your post sooner. We are currently in town and fixing up our new place in San Acacia. Where did you get your pullets?

Kelly

Was thinking of doing some meaties this year and was wondering when and how people do it here in the dry SW. I see a lot of pictures of people with tractors on lush green grass fields and that is not what I have so what do people do? Also, should I wait until the late summer/early fall to get them because I have heard that they don't like the heat?

Back
Top Bottom