New Mexico

Hi from Chaparral. I think a NM meeting would be great, although I don't think you'll find anywhere that we would all only have to drive an hour. I don't mind traveling though and it would be worth it.
Kate

Hello all you chicken-loving folks! I just found this website because I was looking for any kind of help I could get on the topic of neighbor's dog killing my birds-- which is what happened 4 days ago. I didn't find any miracle cures (I knew that probably wouldn't happen) but I did find this site and felt better knowing all of you chicken lovers are out there.

My husband and I own a B & B in Taos, and we've only just got our first chickens. It felt like being in the Garden of Eden, looking out my kitchen window while making breakfast, and seeing my girls wandering around the lawn. And then the neighbor's dog-- who we had been told wouldn't bother a chicken-- came over and killed at least one, and dispersed 4 others, who we've not been able to find. Of course he had to take two of my favourite three chickens-- the ones who sat happily on my lap and followed me around.

So, now I know they can't just enjoy themselves free-ranging around the yard. I had heard that llamas and donkeys are good protectors of herd animals and wondered if they would also protect a flock of chickens?

Anyhow, it's just nice to know other people are out there who know that chickens make excellent and loving pets.

When are season is less busy I'd love to take a drive and meet other chicken fanciers.

I'm in the bootheel of the state, in a little town called Cliff. I've lived in NM my whole life. Working on my second flock of yardbirds, and I love them!

hi from deming new mexico we are in the bottom southwest of the state. only 32 miles from the mexican border just wanted to say hello to all the others on here from new mexico. it woudl be nice to put together some kinda of swap meet or something for us chicken people ion our state but its so spread out im not sure how well its work anyway if anyone ever needs anything from us on here just give a holler.

Back
Top Bottom