New Mexico

Glad to see some activity on this thread! Good luck, @Poultrybreeder, I don't know if I'll have time to get down to Albuquerque but if so I'll try and find your birds there and take a look.

I hatched out some more Svart Hona, and got three pullets so very happy. There are two cockerels but I won't keep them.

Thanks! I'm glad you got some pullets out of the hatching!
Glad to see some activity on this thread! Good luck, @Poultrybreeder, I don't know if I'll have time to get down to Albuquerque but if so I'll try and find your birds there and take a look.

I hatched out some more Svart Hona, and got three pullets so very happy. There are two cockerels but I won't keep them.

Been swamped with harvest season and canning, but thinking about replenishing/replacing my aging flock and hatching fever coming out of remission. Will probably go for some SBEL, Welsummer, TJ's and maybe an f2 OE (although, in hindsight, that latter was my worst layer.) I think the hybrid cuckoo bluebars are interesting, but the only eggs I've seen online are second generation, so no guarantees on what will result with eggs or feather coloring.

Thanks for the tip on the FB page! I'm going to look into it.

Anyone know of any baby chicks for sale? I put some eggs from my old ladies in the incubator and I think they are all duds. (They are my original chickens and was hoping to get a few offspring) Hoping to have some baby chicks for the grand-kids to play with next week.

Please let me know if you have, or hear of any babies around!

My neighbor might... I only have 2 Svart Hona cockerels but they are about 8 weeks old, not exactly fuzzy little chicks anymore. You could PM me and I could put you in touch with my neighbor but she is up in Sapello (just north of Las Vegas) so maybe a far drive for you. Good luck!

My neighbor might... I only have 2 Svart Hona cockerels but they are about 8 weeks old, not exactly fuzzy little chicks anymore. You could PM me and I could put you in touch with my neighbor but she is up in Sapello (just north of Las Vegas) so maybe a far drive for you. Good luck!
Thanks Zoomie, that is probably a bit far but I appreciate the thought!

Been busy with a great hatch of shipped and local eggs. 30 chicks of Welsummer, Marans, Cuckoo Bluebar and a couple of EE/Welsummer crosses (so, I guess, Olive Eggers). Just waiting for a bit of grow out to see who stays and who goes to the swap. I know there will be a surplus of Welsummers.

Back
Top Bottom