New Mexico

32 new tiny peeps from IDEAL arrive this morning
big_smile.png

101156_img-20110922-00238.jpg

Quote:
Yes got more :) I'm trying to thin out the first batch.

They are 7 weeks so not absolutely sure on sex. Unless otherwise stated I'm thinking most are boys :-\\ Having trouble finding them homes. But they make great barn companions and can fend for themselves very well. If you know someone who might be interested please let them know :)

I've have spent lots and lots of time with these guys and they are used to both adults and children handling them. They are super nice.

I'm in Clovis but I'm perfectly willing to deliver as far as Rowsell, Santa Fe, Lubbock :)

1 Ameraucana
2 Black Fizzle Cochins
1 Buff Black Tailed Japanese Female
1 Buff Brahma Suspect female
4 Light Brahmas Suspect 3 male 1 female
1 Self Blue Old English Game (The prettiest and smartest of them all. Looks like a dove and comes when called)
1 Silver Laced Cochin
2 Silver Penciled Cochins
1White Black Tailed Japanese Not sure on sex

Are those the ones that you are rehoming.....what are you keeping? I thought you only got 20 in the first place. If I was any closer I would take them!!! I love japs because they are kind of like seramas. How about you deliver all across the state and I will trade you some seramas!!

Quote:
I'm keeping one hen from each of the breeds I got except the light and buff brahmas, I'm not sure but I just don't seem to be too fond of the brahma breed, though they gorgious The list are the ones I'm rehoming.

Lol I totally would but I can't afford to travel that far ^_^ I am very interested in getting Seramas next spring though

Quote:

They are 7 weeks so not absolutely sure on sex. Unless otherwise stated I'm thinking most are boys :-\\ Having trouble finding them homes. But they make great barn companions and can fend for themselves very well. If you know someone who might be interested please let them know :)

I've have spent lots and lots of time with these guys and they are used to both adults and children handling them. They are super nice.

I'm in Clovis but I'm perfectly willing to deliver as far as Rowsell, Santa Fe, Lubbock :)

1 Ameraucana
2 Black Fizzle Cochins
1 Self Blue Old English Game (The prettiest and smartest of them all. Looks like a dove and comes when called)
1 Silver Laced Cochin

How much do you want for them?

Quote:

1 Ameraucana
2 Black Fizzle Cochins
1 Silver Laced Cochin

How much do you want for them?

Thank you for your interest everyone! All of the seven week olds have found new homes :)

Last edited:
Hello to fellow New Mexicans.
frow.gif
I am fairly new to chicken keeping (2 months now). I bought some pullets locally from two different sorce and have 7 that are 18 weeks and younger. They are a mixed flock and so far I am having a lot of fun with them. Can't wait for the first egg! Unfortunately they are not is the best health
sad.png
I am hearing some sneezing and one had some sort of an eye infection. They have been this way since the first weeks and don't seem to be getting any worse. I have been treating the eye infection with terramycin. You can see what is going on in another thread I started.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=578378

I was just posting tonight to say "Hi". There don't seem to be many New Mexicans on this board, but I know there are a lot of chicken keepers!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom