New nest boxes

TOP KNOT

Songster
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
SHERIDAN IL
I spent the day building. I have 67 chicks, some will be roosters, but I built 21 more nest holes for the "new" coop. Yep that darn chicken math!

I will screw a 2x4 on the wall then rest the million pound nest contraption on it then screw it to the wall through the back. (With my husbands help of course) The top row is actually separate from the bottom two rows, this makes it a tad easier to lift/move. I think that they will like it! Not bad for a girl!! HA! I made the floor of the boxes extended to be the perch platform as well.

Nice nest boxes! Hopefully they all get use. If you are adding additional nest boxes, what does that bring your total to? My hens have a bunch of nest boxes to choose from, however they only use 2 or 3 of them. Chickens lol...

Nice nest boxes! Hopefully they all get use. If you are adding additional nest boxes, what does that bring your total to? My hens have a bunch of nest boxes to choose from, however they only use 2 or 3 of them. Chickens lol...

I have 14 in the main coop. Yeah they use 6 or 7 of them. I have fake ceramic eggs in 7 of the nests, those are the nests that they use. I now have......93......chickens oops chicken math. They are like potato chips!! I have to get building on the coop. I am doing the inside the warm shop stuff now. It is so snowy and cold out. I have a shed that I plan to use for their intermediate area until I get the other ready.

Back
Top Bottom