New Red Golden Sanctuary.....building a new home for my trio...What do ya think ... P.S. thanks chic

it just going to be me doing the work...and it cost me bout thousand bucks with delivery to the house for the ten coupe expansion...cant wait till there done

it just going to be me doing the work...and it cost me bout thousand bucks with delivery to the house for the ten coupe expansion...cant wait till there done
It sucks you have no help. I have some sporadically. That's not a bad price for what you're getting...I'm in about $350 for this one but I'll have leftover materials and it's so worth it! It's my Christmas! Like I said can't wait to see pictures! Got a ton done with my best friend's help today..will post pics tomorrow.

UPDATE: ALL BUSHES, TREES AND HARDSCAPING IN PLACE..ALL THAT'S LEFT INSIDE IS PLUMBING, SAND AND SOD...THEN I CAN HANG THE DOORS AND PLACE THE TARPS AND WE'RE DONE!

DUCK POND FOR THE PAIR OF MANDARINS COMING NEXT WEEKEND!

SAND AROUND THE RAISED POND WILL KEEP IT DRYER AND HOPEFULLY SAFER FOR THE PHEASANTS.
ALTOUGH IT WILL BE SHALLOW ENOUGH FOR THEM TO STAND IN.

GONNA TRY TO MAKE THE DRIFTWOOD LOG A POTENTIAL DUCK NEST SITE .
ALSO HAVE A WOOD DUCK NESTBOX THAT I'M STANDING SOMEWHERE BY THE POND.

LOTS OF ROOSTING ROOM SOON TO BE COVERED WITH TARPS ON BACK AND SIDES DOWN TO THE PALLETS.

GOTTA FINSH SOD UP TO LOG BUT NOT TILL POND IS DONE SO IT DOESN'T GET SMOOSHED

FRONT 4 FT GONNA BE OPEN TO ALLOW LIGHT IN AS IT FACES THE SUN

Last edited:
wow..it is beautiful...and coming along great...im sure the birds will love it...hope mine turns out that good...mine will take longer to build then yours tho...cant finish it completely until after winter..you no..i put quite a bit into the pens so far....

Thank you!!!
celebrate.gif
Money wise...yes I know...time too!
barnie.gif

I told my hubby it's my Christmas present this year!!! But I really think it's thiers (the Pheasants...and Ducks!!!!
wee.gif
).
I was lucky to get such a great deal on plants...I paid 10 and 15 dollars for my Jap maples, and 4 dollars for fancy evergreens...unheard of!!!
ep.gif

I bout fainted when they said 75%off!!!
th.gif

old.gif
I also read a post on gbwf discussing pen volume vs. sq footage, basically saying utilizing height as well as tactile,visual & other sensory stimulation was the key to harmony/productivity
clap.gif

Last edited:
not sure on the ducks...but what ive heard about the pheasants is that you should and incubate....tony would no a lot more since hes been breeding for a while and has a great success with his birds...he knows his stuff...that's for sure

Back
Top Bottom