New Red Golden Sanctuary.....building a new home for my trio...What do ya think ... P.S. thanks chic

@Tony K T .....how bout it Tony... pull eggs? leave the eggs to be set? pull chicks? leave chicks? How Long?

Let hens set if they will,but pull chicks or make sure they are in a pen with absolutely no holes for them to escape,or any other birds to kill them.If hens don't set within 10 days incubate and brood them yourself.
In N.H.,Tony.

thanks tony I was wondering myself about that answer...as you no ill be busy this season...don't forget im stopping out to get some birds of some sort...do you have grey peacock pheasant available this season and what will that run

No peacock pheasants available.I have plenty of yellow golden pr and lewis silver prs.See if you were closer I could come over and give you a hand.
In N.H.,Tony.

I feel your pain birdman!!! I thought this was gonna be a quick project but so much goes into the constuction of an environment! Almost done though!!! Door are painted and back on, pond done, dusting area finished and roosting branches secured. All that's left is finishing the sod, covering wire outside and putting on tarps. Then I'll clean up around the area and take the final pictures...wanna do a video too as photos don't do justice anymore!

Let hens set if they will,but pull chicks or make sure they are in a pen with absolutely no holes for them to escape,or any other birds to kill them.If hens don't set within 10 days incubate and brood them yourself.
In N.H.,Tony.
Thanks Tony! Can they get out of the 1" hex wire? Will the Mandarins kill them?

I built the pond up to deture chicks from getting in. Do you think they'll be ok?

BTW you guys are great, the advice and encouragment are much appreciated!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Tony! Can they get out of the 1" hex wire? Will the Mandarins kill them?

I built the pond up to deture chicks from getting in. Do you think they'll be ok?

BTW you guys are great, the advice and encouragment are much appreciated!!!

No the 1" should be okay.I would worry about a raccoon ripping right thru it.I am a strong believer in hardware cloth.It takes a lot for something to rip thru it.If there is plenty of room I wouldn't think the mandrins will bother them.I wouldn't let the chicks near water,they run anywhere when they see something move and I wouldn't put it pass them to jump right in.
In N.H.,Tony.

i can only imagine how beautiful your coop is coming along..we just got an inch of snow...so that will be great tommarow building..dont forget keep on checking the thread below in blue...im actually building my own incubator step by step on there now...thanks i get motivation and inspiration for other people...it motivates me and mine wont look as beautiful as yours for prolly a year so...it will keep my motivated..goal is to just install all of them before we get hammered with snow....have a great one

Back
Top Bottom