New Red Golden Sanctuary.....building a new home for my trio...What do ya think ... P.S. thanks chic

Thanks... I read a thread on gbwf.org forum about how you can keep birds happy without having huge aviaries if you give them lots of things to stimulate them....I planted lots of edible bushes and herbs, laid grass sod and added other types of grass, driftwood and lots of natural substrates leaves,twigs,pine cones,etc. They have plenty of perches and 4 nest boxes. I'm planning an 8x12 flight pen off the front later in spring, but for now they're in the 8x12

pics look amazing...great job
well the day went great...took a bit of the day off but still got a little work done...I put in half the base in the existing pens 1thru4 and moved the silver golden female...

again great job...mine wont be that nice for a little while...everything comes in due time...

Did you see the earlier posts?....I can do a rough sketch for you tonight and put it up tomorrow.
caf.gif

I will for sure take more pictures but my Mandarins are VERY nervous!
barnie.gif
My Female scraped her bill when they first got released and tried to fly out.
he.gif

They calmed as soon as the Pheasants went in but I've been trying to stay away and not going in.
hit.gif
Only peeking in the sides and back
This morning, despite the hard frost their modest pond has no ice and the pond side feeder had moist and missing food, the Hen Duck's bill is all clean and cleared up, So I am very pleased!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
the more time you spend with them the tamer they will be...just like my peafowl I don't spend a lot of time with them so there more skiddish then the pheasants and the chickens...hope this helps

Thanks! for the reassurance! They aren't trying to kill the selves fling into the wire when I go out anymore, like I said, My Pheasants know me and could care less if I'm there so they seem to be helping the ducks to realize I'm ok. Man are they Pretty!!! And Man I'm I glad it's finally Done! Now I get to rest for a couple weeks, catch up on Dusting and Laundry...LOL...then I gotta build my new Garden Beds and Bed top Coops....gonna rotate my rabbits thru my spent beds so they can fertilize and loosen the soil!!! Also keep weeds out! Wonderful little lawnmowers that they are!!!

im glad you get to rest my pens have only started trying to get four more built tommarow..post some pics on my forum...they are so pretty...thanks...
n keep up the great work

Back
Top Bottom