New residents on the farm

o0Zilla0o

Songster
May 13, 2018
Denmark
:celebrate Finally came the day when our new chicken came home, they came yesterday. And seems to enjoy there new home. I have them right now, in a small enclosure to get them a little more tame, and want to make sure they are adjusting before I just release them into the entire garden. :clapIt should have been 1.4 but I think I've got 2.2 home

høns2.jpg

høns.jpg

1,1 Silver laced wyandotte
0,2 Black/white columbian brahma
(but, I think the seller has mistaken one of them, for it has no feathers on its legs and looks a little different in building than the other. So, unfortunately, it does not think it's a Brahma) *the last white one the pic'1 and center of picture 2*
0,1 Blue/white colombian brahma (a bit unsure if it is a pulled? it is more red in the face, than the other two). **The seller has promised to change if the wanted hens would turn out to be roosters** But I'm so afraid, I'm so happy whit them over time, that I do not feel like changing them. :idunno I always get attached to my animals. And I do not know, their right age. But about 2 months+

IMG_4052.JPG

IMG_4009.JPG

Good luck with your new birds. I see nothing that screams 'cockerel' at this point.

Thanks, i'm a beginner in that gender determination. And just read, if they took fast color could it 'sometimes' be a sign of the rooster. And then think Ohhhh no, because that's my favorite 'pulled' :yesss: but also read that Brahma matures a bit slowly, so now we have to see. I hope it will stay as a Pulled. :bow

Back
Top Bottom