NEW STYLE HOVA-BATOR????

Okay went to play around with the humidity and noticed that the plastic tray is totally changed from the one that the 1588 has listed in the book has anyone played with this to get the humidity to 35-40 for setting and 60-65 for hatching. I don't want to play with it during a hatch figure I should get it all worked out now. I filled the three squares in the middle figuring that was the least surface area out of all of the channels and got up to like 38 with the +-4 variation for the humidity that would be between 34 and 42 which is a little high.

What have you guys done?
On the tray you will have two troughs. One trough being labeled #1 and the other #2. Water in trough #1 normally results in humidity of 45% to 55%. Add water to #2 increases it to 55% to 65%. I filled trough #1 and opened the vent hole and it stayed around 35% to 40%.

On the tray you will have two troughs. One trough being labeled #1 and the other #2. Water in trough #1 normally results in humidity of 45% to 55%. Add water to #2 increases it to 55% to 65%. I filled trough #1 and opened the vent hole and it stayed around 35% to 40%.

Thanx for this info.
thumbsup.gif

Well after reading this I think it's about time to get into hatching some eggs. I am going online now and gonna order one. My problem is I have never hatched any eggs EVER. I have always got my chicks from McMurrays. Hope this works out.

Same here. I don't own an incubator and never used one in my life. My hens do all the hatching. I think it's time to get an incubator.

Well after reading this I think it's about time to get into hatching some eggs. I am going online now and gonna order one. My problem is I have never hatched any eggs EVER. I have always got my chicks from McMurrays. Hope this works out.

Same here. I don't own an incubator and never used one in my life. My hens do all the hatching. I think it's time to get an incubator.

Hens are great at hatching.  But a bator is fun too-waiting, watching, waiting........

The watching is what I'm afraid of. I think I'll be up til weeeeeeeeeee hours in the morning just watching and then I will be hooked. :gig

Mine has a trough labeled one and a trough labeled 2 but it also has 3 rectangles in the middle. I ended up filling the three in the middle to test it out and it's holding right around 32 but now I know I wasn't supposed to fill those lol. It seemed like there were just so many holes it was hard to tell which ones to fill.

Okay so here goes my trial run. I set 38 eggs from my second coop. I have a light brahma roo in there with two light brahma girls a delly girl and a cochin girl who are all laying. I put them in the incubator today and we shall see what happens.

. . . I don't own an incubator and never used one in my life. My hens do all the hatching. I think it's time to get an incubator.

It's so nice having a broody hen!!
If I have a hen that goes broody, I'll throw eggs under her.
Otherwise, I'll whip out the old 'bator!
(I just set 8 eggs yesterday.)
In a couple of weeks I'll be buying one of these new HovaBators and use my old one as a hatcher!

big_smile.png

I have discovered that if you really want a broody hen you must first buy an incubator. I waited and waited for a hen to go broody and it did not happen till I decided to get an incubator. Then I had 3 hens go broody.

The watching is what I'm afraid of. I think I'll be up til weeeeeeeeeee hours in the morning just watching and then I will be hooked.
gig.gif

Be afraid, be very afraid. I set my first clutch for the New Year's Day hatch. I wore a path in the carpet to the spare room where the incubator was located. I'm not quite sure where my second incubator is located..............it's in transit!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom