NEW STYLE HOVA-BATOR????

Just purchased this incubator a few days ago. It looks different than the ones I see on here. I'm told its new for 2012. It has a digital control center. It shows the the set temperature, incubator temperature, and humidity. Also you can adjust the temperature manually by two arrows on the control center. So far so good! Same price as the old one.

Did you get any tracking information for your incubator. I am on day 7 and still have no tracking information but they have taken the money out of my account so I have no information as to when it will be delivered or if it's on it's way already. I like surprises but this might drive me crazy lol.

Oh this it totally wish-listed! I was just thinking about the pains of staggered hatch dates and the need for a hatcher... I can put my 1402 model in "retirement" as a hatcher and use the new digital one for incubation! Otherwise I can only do one batch of ducks a month.

CRAP, I am having trouble with the new model 1588
barnie.gif
I got this new one to use as a hatcher because my other 1588 is overflowing with eggs. Anyway, put 11 eggs into lockdown last night. I filled up all the channels with water and added a second temp/hygrometer @ egg level to double check readings (not calibrated though
sad.png
) THE ELECTRONIC DISPLAY IS FILLED WITH WATER DROPS/ HUMIDITY. I can not even read it at all
hit.gif
The clear window is not fogged up and my alt hygrometer is reading 70%. This happened last night as soon as I filled it with warm water, still fogged up this morning. Now I'm worried the electronics are getting wet and maybe the unit will malfunction???? I sure hope not because I have 11 eggs in lockdown and my other incubator is full
hit.gif

Calling GQF this morning to see what they say, any advice for me??????

Thanks,
Trish

I did the same thing, and am going to go with 3 to do the final calibration. With my the temps reported are the same as yours (about 1.5 degrees lower) my humidity however is also lower 4%. I have a second them/hydrometer and I think I will average the 3 if all different, or if 2 are the same I will use those.

Regards,

Chris
Just recieved my new genesis 1588 with the digital control panel and its set up and has been running for the last 4 hours. Maybe its too soon, but I'm not sure how accurate the readouts are. The digital control panel is reading at 42% humidity and temp is at 99.5-100. I also bought a digital therm/hydrometer, and with it at egg level, its reading at 52% humidity and the temp is at 98.8. I'm not too worried about the temp but more about the humidity. Should I wait and give it some more time or should I get another hydrometer??

Did you get any tracking information for your incubator. I am on day 7 and still have no tracking information but they have taken the money out of my account so I have no information as to when it will be delivered or if it's on it's way already. I like surprises but this might drive me crazy lol.

I ordered both of mine directly from GQF. The first one I ordered from the website, and they emailed me a tracking number. The second one I ordered it over the phone on Jan. 23, they sent no tracking information with that one. I recieved that one yesterday (1/30). I called them last Thursday to check the status on it, and the lady told me it just shipped out. Just call them and see what's up with it.

Back
Top Bottom