NEW STYLE HOVA-BATOR????

My DH doesn't know that I bought one......yet!!!
ep.gif

I mentioned it casually to mine and he didn't say anything lol. I can always say that since I did mention it that I gave him the opportunity to tell me know. I still would have probably done it though but since he is redoing his Mustang this spring I don't think he will fault me a better working incubator :p

I hope you guys have the success and satisfaction my father and I have had with my inherited Hova-bator. I did replace the plastic windows (they were so scratched I couldn't see through them). I used the glass from 5x7 frames. The dial type hygrometer inside the bator reads 25-30% which is perfect for dry incubation. This one has the fan already in it. It does make some noise when the fan is running. Sometimes it emits a high pitched squeal which causes the dogs to go bonkers. If you whack it on the side it stops making noises.

I see that "fingernails in the styro" technique of lifting the lid. When the heck are they going to add finger holds? Or do they just hope we wear out the foam and need a replacement? On the other hand, maybe it's just incentive to leave those darn eggs ALONE!

Deb

Well as of this morning my payment has been pulled out it only took like 4 or 5 days now just to wait for delivery. It's definitely taking more than a week but I can be patient lol. I will content myself with collecting eggs while I wait for it to get here.

I did not want to wade through all the messages but original poster, or someone who knows, where can I buy the 1588 with the digital temp display? I ordered a 1588 Genesis HovaBator but it does not have the number display. If I can get the digital display one I will return the one I just bought.
smile.png

Samantha in OK

That new model takes care of my main complaint about the 1588. Those dip switches were a pain when it came to adjusting the temperature.

Digital is more convenient, but I don't blindly assume it is any more accurate than any other kind. But it is certainly more convenient.

I wonder. If the power goes out, does it lose any adjustments and go back to factory default settings or does it have some type of memory?

I ordered mine off eBay from DoubleRSupply because it was cheaper there than on their actual website. The picture looks like this without the display so I am hoping and crossing my fingers I get the new one with the digital display. If not, then I will sell mine on eBay where even used ones are going for brand new prices. I will post a update Monday which is when it is due to arrive at my home.
smile.png

Samantha in OK

wow that new genesis is beautiful! I got mine last spring and until today held it on a pedestal but...here comes that green monster!! I want the new one too! Can anyone say tax refunds??

Back
Top Bottom