New to Incubating, need some help/advice

Hmm, that's a hard one.
The humidity has been a bit high during the incubation period. Personally I would hold off increasing it until I saw external pips. and then I would try to keep it around 65%.
:fl
Ok, thanks, right now it's around 30% in there....

Oh man. My condolences on your adult chickens. Heartbreaking loss :(

As for your hatch you've got a few things going (wrong end up, high humidity) so I'll leave it to the more experienced hatchers to guide you from here. But I will add a bit of hope. After 3 terrible hatches (my first attempts) I'm convinced some chicks are just intrinsically stronger and more inclined to hatch than others. I had one hatch each time despite me doing everything wrong. It's too bad you have to dial in your incubation skills with sentimental eggs. But they've developed so far. I'm sure you'll hatch something :) I too have some Silkie EE mixes. Lovely little birds. I'm hoping mine go broody next spring.

I'll keep and eye on this thread. Please post updates, good or bad.
Well air sacs grew a little in 24 hours. I have them on lock down. Now to just wait.

Here are my opinions. Your eggs look like they have really small air cells for their age, which means when your chicks pip inside they are highly likely to drown. I honestly would run the rest of the hatch dry, until you see an internal or external pip. Once you see a pip THEN pump the humidity up a lot. Good luck I hope they hatch!!!

Here are my opinions. Your eggs look like they have really small air cells for their age, which means when your chicks pip inside they are highly likely to drown. I honestly would run the rest of the hatch dry, until you see an internal or external pip. Once you see a pip THEN pump the humidity up a lot. Good luck I hope they hatch!!!
I've got 3 pips outside right now!!

Here are 3 you can see

Attachments

• IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 4
I was wondering if they would pip on the small end because of how they incubated and the aircells. Looks like they did? Can't wait for updates!

Back
Top Bottom