TyRi

Chirping
Premium Feather Member
Feb 19, 2024
Northwest Ohio
Hello,

I just recently placed my order for my first flock of chickens and figured it would be a great time to join! I have ordered 5 Sapphire Gem, 5 Starlight Green Eggers, and 5 Speckled Sussex so 15 in total that will be here by the end of February! I know 15 is a lot for a first timer and originally planned on 10 tops from TSC but ordering straight from the hatchery they use (Hoovers Hatchery) required at least 15 at a time so I said why not! I wanted strong egg production but also wanted some cool/different looking birds so I found the middle of all that with the selected birds! I would love to hear anyone else's experience with any of them! I am from Northwest Ohio so they all sound like they will do okay with our wild range of climate lol. I have a Chocolate Lab and a Aussiedoodle to stare at their soon to be new yardmates! They will be in a coop with enclosed run to keep those 2 and other nuisances away. The brooder is built and the coop/run will be completed within the month for them. I can not wait to get these future egg machines and fun pets! My fiancé and I are extremely excited! Hope to find some cool friends here as well! Look forward to speaking to some of you soon!

Hello,

I just recently placed my order for my first flock of chickens and figured it would be a great time to join! I have ordered 5 Sapphire Gem, 5 Starlight Green Eggers, and 5 Speckled Sussex so 15 in total that will be here by the end of February! I know 15 is a lot for a first timer and originally planned on 10 tops from TSC but ordering straight from the hatchery they use (Hoovers Hatchery) required at least 15 at a time so I said why not! I wanted strong egg production but also wanted some cool/different looking birds so I found the middle of all that with the selected birds! I would love to hear anyone else's experience with any of them! I am from Northwest Ohio so they all sound like they will do okay with our wild range of climate lol. I have a Chocolate Lab and a Aussiedoodle to stare at their soon to be new yardmates! They will be in a coop with enclosed run to keep those 2 and other nuisances away. The brooder is built and the coop/run will be completed within the month for them. I can not wait to get these future egg machines and fun pets! My fiancé and I are extremely excited! Hope to find some cool friends here as well! Look forward to speaking to some of you soon!
Hi! Welcome to BYC! Please post pictures when the little fluff balls come!

Back
Top Bottom