NEW What Ya Got Swap! Please see post #1 for rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine Chocolate of some kind. Yum

Offer

6 Lavender/Black Orpington hatching eggs. + 2 hatching eggs from English Orpington pen of Red Cuckoo rooster over Chocolate, Splash, & Red Orpington hens (You will hatch Chocolate Cuckoo, Blue Cuckoo, & Red Cuckoo)

The Lavender rooster in the picture is with Lavender Orpington hens and Black Orpington hens. You will get Lavender and Black (split to lavender) chicks from this mating. My Orpingtons are a large percentage imported English. As some of you know I have lots of Orpingtons and have been breeding them for over 10 years. I love the English imports, however they have some serious faults such as not great layers, low fertility because of the huge amount of fluffy feathers, and they are not as hearty as our American Orpingtons. This pen represents what I hope is the best of both worlds. Fertility has been great here at home. The black orpington hens in this pen are very large and they are offspring from some of the first Orpingtons imported by Joy Atkins. I have lots of imported birds and those original birds from Joy are the largest of any of the Orpingtons I have. I will start collecting eggs once they are claimed. I prefer to ship now as opposed to shipping later since they are laying great now and fertility is confirmed.

I have not updated my swap page in a long while so until I check it out and update it I will just offer the Orpington eggs.

It's almost like the old days. Glad to see it take off again and so many of our previous swappers.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Mine Chocolate of some kind. Yum
Offer

6 Lavender/Black Orpington hatching eggs. + 2 hatching eggs from English Orpington pen of Red Cuckoo rooster over Chocolate, Splash, & Red Orpington hens (You will hatch Chocolate Cuckoo, Blue Cuckoo, & Red Cuckoo)

[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]

The Lavender rooster in the picture is with Lavender Orpington hens and Black Orpington hens. You will get Lavender and Black (split to lavender) chicks from this mating. My Orpingtons are a large percentage imported English. As some of you know I have lots of Orpingtons and have been breeding them for over 10 years. I love the English imports, however they have some serious faults such as not great layers, low fertility because of the huge amount of fluffy feathers, and they are not as hearty as our American Orpingtons. This pen represents what I hope is the best of both worlds. Fertility has been great here at home. The black orpington hens in this pen are very large and they are offspring from some of the first Orpingtons imported by Joy Atkins. I have lots of imported birds and those original birds from Joy are the largest of any of the Orpingtons I have. I will start collecting eggs once they are claimed. [COLOR=FF0000] I prefer to ship now as opposed to shipping later since they are laying great now and fertility is confirmed.
[/COLOR]

I have not updated my swap page in a long while so until I check it out and update it I will just offer the Orpington eggs.
[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=005CB1] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][/COLOR]

It's almost like the old days. Glad to see it take off again and so many of our previous swappers.:D
Mine. Orpingtons Offer: 8+ Easter Eggers/Olive Eggers (EE & Wheaten Marans hens covered by Wheaten & Blue Wheaten Ameraucana roos) 6+ Double Laced Barnevelders (blue roo over blue and black hens) 6+ Polish (golden laced and tolbunt hens covered by 2 Tolbunt roos) 6+ Wyandotte Bantams (silver penciled hens covered by blue laced red roo) 8+ call eggs (mixed colored flock- see pics on swap page) Have not verified fertility on these yet this year so these will not ship out until after 3/1 when I can do so

Last edited:
barnie.gif
You guys are driving me nuts! I would be too afraid to get eggs right now with the weather so cold and unpredictable, so tempting though!

:barnie  You guys are driving me nuts! I would be too afraid to get eggs right now with the weather so cold and unpredictable, so tempting though!

I was too but I've now gotten 4 shipments from different breeders and am having a lot better growth then I did in the summer last year. I think it's the cooler weather lol

I was too but I've now gotten 4 shipments from different breeders and am having a lot better growth then I did in the summer last year. I think it's the cooler weather lol
We have below freezing temps though right now, so I am concerned with freezing eggs
sad.png

We have below freezing temps though right now, so I am concerned with freezing eggs :(  

Yuck. I might too then. I'm in FL where we don't have "winters" :(

Although I am on vacation on SC where it is slightly cooler and just amazingly gorgeous. My 1st vacation in over 10 years. I'm a nervous Nellie leaving all the kids home for 3 days but I'm loving being here. Hope to finally make the move later this year

Mine. Orpingtons
Offer:
8+ Easter Eggers/Olive Eggers (EE & Wheaten Marans hens covered by Wheaten & Blue Wheaten Ameraucana roos)
6+ Double Laced Barnevelders (blue roo over blue and black hens)
6+ Polish (golden laced and tolbunt hens covered by 2 Tolbunt roos)
6+ Wyandotte Bantams (silver penciled hens covered by blue laced red roo)
8+ call eggs (mixed colored flock- see pics on swap page) Have not verified fertility on these yet this year so these will not ship out until after 3/1 when I can do so

This is my first swap on this thread-hope this is right.
Mine on the calls -March is perfect!
My offer:
8+ all bantam barnyard mix. Will actually be 12+ but I can only guarantee 8 will be less than 4 days, unless you don't want the older ones.
Roosters-Gold and Silver Sebrights, Silver Duckwing OE, Spangled part OE, Lemon Blue looks like an EE but I think he's part OE, and a Red Pyle part Modern Game. The last three are definate mutts but very pretty.
Hens-7 Gold and 1 Silver Sebrights, 2 Silver Duckwing OEs, Columbian Cochin, 4 colorful part OE.
I will include a couple mixed color Silkies if they are still laying.

Will the cold packs work as heat packs? In other words, can you heat a cold pack? I'm hoping someone has tried. I'm afraid to try, afraid it would ruin my microwave. LOL
If you heated it in your microwave if it didn't ruin it, it wouldn't stay heated long enough. Heat packs all you do is expose them to air and they automatically warm up and stay warm for as long as they are suppose to. I found a heat pack so I don't need one anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom