New York mini chickenstock 2016

Probably not together as my chicks are free range and from what reading I just did the keets require 6 weeks lock down to train them where home is. My girls (and boys) would murder me if I locked them up that long. The keets will just have an enclosure attached to their coop so they can still eat bugs and get air and sun, just no freedom until they grow a bit of a brain.

So for chickenstock I should have some 3 week old as well as all the hatching eggs. Then I will be setting all the eggs I get from chickenstock on the night of the 28th. Woohoo!!! This illness is horrible.

I'm sorry, I didn't get any of these messages. I decided it was a fox just based on the lack of a body and the multiple hens involved. The hen was put down by a neighbor, definitely had a punctured lung. I held her and kissed her until the "moment", then carried her to the pet cemetery to bury.
As far as Lord Stirling, I try intimidating him daily but he sometimes catches me off guard. He never gets a full attack on even tho he tries. I've even slapped his face. Once he realizes I'm really angry, he backs down and runs away. But what is this about the mating in front of me? Is he harassing those poor girls just for show for me?? I do throw things at him sometimes and I told him, "not in the front yard!!"

Pictures and paintings... I'm not good at humans... definitely not faces.

Is there a current list of what will be available at chickenstock? I've been searching through the pages cuz I thought someone posted an updated list recently and alas, I haven't been successful yet.
I hatched out 16 chicks this week, so theoretically I shouldn't need any more this summer, but....

Is there a current list of what will be available at chickenstock? I've been searching through the pages cuz I thought someone posted an updated list recently and alas, I haven't been successful yet.
I hatched out 16 chicks this week, so theoretically I shouldn't need any more this summer, but....
no list yet. But I guess this is a good time to get it started. So, everyone please pm me your items so we can get a current list up. Thanks.

no list yet. But I guess this is a good time to get it started. So, everyone please pm me your items so we can get a current list up. Thanks.

Actually, there is the one I was keeping on the first page, but I'm not sure if it's accurate any longer. I'd be happy to update it if it's out of date if everyone lets me know what they plan to bring. I've also got the list for the potluck and raffle items that also probably need updating.

Actually, there is the one I was keeping on the first page, but I'm not sure if it's accurate any longer. I'd be happy to update it if it's out of date if everyone lets me know what they plan to bring. I've also got the list for the potluck and raffle items that also probably need updating.
Since you ask - for the potluck I will be bringing hot dogs, buns & fixin's;
Raffle - mini-herb garden
Sale - assorted herbs, some Mille Fleur chicks and more to list later.
Thanks Pyxis - I know you are very busy right now...

but, you could use some of the 16 to barter with some of us. I am always on the hunt for unique, big, colorful. I have no idea what my goal is yet for breeds, color, or anything else. I just know for now it's all a fun game with eggs as the prize.

but, you could use some of the 16 to barter with some of us. I am always on the hunt for unique, big, colorful. I have no idea what my goal is yet for breeds, color, or anything else. I just know for now it's all a fun game with eggs as the prize.
Ahh, yes, you have a point. We'll see how many pullets I actually have, it's looking like a 50/50 split. I have Rhodebar, Welsummer, and Dominique covered by Cream Legbar roo, with the possiblity of Rhodebar roo (especially in the Dominique). So I'm hoping for some greenish and olive egg layers. I'd love some pretty Swedish Flower Hens and I believe I saw that someone is bringing them?

Back
Top Bottom