New York mini chickenstock 2016

Chicken girl 15

Songster
May 28, 2015
harpursville ny
I'm not sure I'm setting this up correctly but here goes nothing. I have contacted several of you about a gathering at my home in May. This page is where I would like for plans to be made. Please feel free to give ideas .
@Metella @myfivegirls @boskelli1571
@PhoredaBurds @rancher hicks @Tab's chicken obsession

Date : May 28 2016
Time :11am until ???
Place: Harpursville Ny

I would like everyone to bring a dish of some sort to be shared.
Please make sure you bring cages or boxes to keep your critters in, my fencing is all used up on my flock.
I have water to fill your containers for birds I just can't provide containers. Please bring your own chairs and if you have access to one a pop-up tent for shelter.

I will have chicks, eggs and possibly some started veggie plants.

Last edited:

I'm a day late but this is for yall!!! Yesterday was national picked flowers day. Since I obviously can't handle deliver some to you all I'm giving this as a group gift. I know most (or all) of them are weeds but they are pretty and from my yard.

Last edited:
lau.gif
Just wait until I get all my pic on the right computer this weekend and really post the pics of my birds !!!! ha ha ha

Guilty of unabashed Enabling.

your not alone. I have to figure out who I have to give how much to come May for what breeds . Then I have to figure out how many coops I need.

I blame you for my obsession :) and Metella for enabling , oh and Susieq2015 for me obsessing over hatching now.

Everyone on this thread is terrible.

All the above being said with a lot of love, please no one get offended.

I represent that... or resent... well, accept that. :). I blame these guys:

My first hatch of the season.

I LOVE deviled eggs - but can't boil my eggs without having them rip to shreads getting them out of the shell - I've tried all the tricks - I just don't have the touch. So that sounds good to me !!!

The secret is steaming
smile.png
I've had good peels with eggs still warm from the chicken they are so fresh using that method. Steam for 20 minutes (15 for bantam, 25 for duck), lift out the basket and dump into a bowl of really cold water. As soon as they cool off enough not to get burned, bang both ends on the counter to crack the shell and then let them soak in the ice water for a while until they are cool. From what I have read, the steam goes through the pores in the eggs and starts to separate the membrane, then the shock of the cold water finishes the separation. Opening the shell by cracking lets the water work its way in and makes it easier to peel.

I love regular mac n cheese!!
I would be happy to bring the plasticware and cups.  About how many people do you expect?
I'm assuming 12-14 from this page plus their families. There could be 25 or there could be 60. At this point I have not got the foggiest idea. I just know there will be enough to drive my husband crazy, which is a good thing. :)

Back
Top Bottom