New York mini chickenstock 2016

I love regular mac n cheese!!
I would be happy to bring the plasticware and cups.  About how many people do you expect?
I'm assuming 12-14 from this page plus their families. There could be 25 or there could be 60. At this point I have not got the foggiest idea. I just know there will be enough to drive my husband crazy, which is a good thing. :)

It will be my husband and I coming. Add me for a basket with some homemade sugar scrubs, lotion and other fun pampering stuff. I'll bring smoked kielbasa and cheese and crackers. Not sure if I'll have anything to sell

If this rain doesn't let up we might have to rent a boat to have chickenstock. Lol. There are 2 inches of water standing on my yard. My chickens have decided to start hanging out up hill lately in hopes the water isn't so deep up there, I guess. So now I have to spend tomorrow searching for eggs. Little brats have laid 12 eggs 3 days in a row, not cool I want my eggs.

On to happier topics. Of 41 I still have 26 going strong in the incubator. Air cells look good, movement is starting, veins are good, and the eggs are getting harder to see into. Chicks grow super fast.

My last set of chicks that @Susieq2015 hatched from my eggs are feathered and sleeping in the "starter" coop starting tonight. They have no heat but they do have their cardboard box they hide in outside and lots of bedding.

I had to move them so I can start setting up the brooder area for next week's hatch.

So I will definitely have fertile AC eggs to bring :celebrate Special price of $10 each for anyone who'd like them. Also can do chicks if anyone who wants them lets me know in the next couple days or two so I can get them set. May also have a few brown leghorn chicks.

Edit: Also, the lists are updated :)

Last edited:
Is it ok to start collecting hatching eggs for chickenstock yet? I'm still new enough to the hatching egg part of chicken keeping - to not be sure - I thought I heard 3 weeks was still fine if you turn them each day and keep them cool ??

Is it ok to start collecting hatching eggs for chickenstock yet?   I'm still new enough to the hatching egg part of chicken keeping - to not be sure - I thought I heard 3 weeks was still fine if you turn them each day and keep them cool ??

Technically the fertility starts to drop potentially after ten days, so you probably want to wait to start collecting until the 18th :)

How's your hatch going, by the way? Are you free to meet up this weekend?

Back
Top Bottom