New York mini chickenstock 2016

@AminaTefla friends always make good guinea pigs, we are more likely to be honest and not ugly. I'm using chickenstock as a trial run for several things.

Oh and I am making deviled eggs. I figured no matter how many of us make them each person does it a bit different.

I know it's still a ways off but by mid May I am going to need a count on who is coming, and to know what all I need to pick up. IE plates, cups, plastic ware. I know it's a pain but if you could all PM me and let me know I can get things planned.

I would like to get name tags as well, either just our screen names or sn and real name. Its up to the individual. So when you pm me your info let me know.

I LOVE deviled eggs - but can't boil my eggs without having them rip to shreads getting them out of the shell - I've tried all the tricks - I just don't have the touch. So that sounds good to me !!!

I LOVE deviled eggs - but can't boil my eggs without having them rip to shreads getting them out of the shell - I've tried all the tricks - I just don't have the touch. So that sounds good to me !!!

The secret is steaming
smile.png
I've had good peels with eggs still warm from the chicken they are so fresh using that method. Steam for 20 minutes (15 for bantam, 25 for duck), lift out the basket and dump into a bowl of really cold water. As soon as they cool off enough not to get burned, bang both ends on the counter to crack the shell and then let them soak in the ice water for a while until they are cool. From what I have read, the steam goes through the pores in the eggs and starts to separate the membrane, then the shock of the cold water finishes the separation. Opening the shell by cracking lets the water work its way in and makes it easier to peel.

The secret is steaming
smile.png
I've had good peels with eggs still warm from the chicken they are so fresh using that method. Steam for 20 minutes (15 for bantam, 25 for duck), lift out the basket and dump into a bowl of really cold water. As soon as they cool off enough not to get burned, bang both ends on the counter to crack the shell and then let them soak in the ice water for a while until they are cool. From what I have read, the steam goes through the pores in the eggs and starts to separate the membrane, then the shock of the cold water finishes the separation. Opening the shell by cracking lets the water work its way in and makes it easier to peel.
I am going to try your trick! I have been using a peel of lemon in my pot and that seemed to work well too. Much better than the vinegar.

I found that if I only let the eggs cool enough to handle they peel good. Once they are cold it's a lost cause.

They also have to cook like 5 minutes longer than store bought eggs or they are only soft boiled.

Back
Top Bottom