Newbie with NO experience .... what breed?

I would vent sex to tell what gender they are. I have done the method of vent sexing for a while and I have found it to be fairly accurate but you need to know what you are doing otherwise it isn't and you could hurt the birds.

They look like Pekins. I wouldn't vent sex them if you don't have any experience as you can bust one of their air sacs in that area if you don't do it right. In a few weeks, you should have a good idea as to gender.

They look like Pekins. I wouldn't vent sex them if you don't have any experience as you can bust one of their air sacs in that area if you don't do it right. In a few weeks, you should have a good idea as to gender.
Oh , No worries , someone sent me a link to watch a video, and there is no way I'd try it !! I would be afraid of hurting my little darlings ! Thank you for the advice !!

Pekin or runner , i have been told both ! I think they are too heavy to be runners , what do you guys think ?

Last edited:
well Piddle and Jiggle are feathering out so pretty ! They are snow white , and their wings are so fluffy ! How soon will I see a drake feather if I have a drake ? I am so hoping for one of them to be a boy !!!

I think you should start hearing a raspy quack or a loud quack very soon. Females make a loud, clear quack, males make a quieter raspier quack (sorta sound like they have laryngitis)

once in a while I hear a little quack from one of them , but they are always so close i cant tell who it comes from lol! they are true buddy's! i just cant tell if it is a real quack or a raspy one , I think piddle is a quacker , and the oldest , jiggle is smaller and behind in feathering out, and still peeps a lot , but I really am not sure , truth told ......but thanks !

I'm with the majority. They look like Peking ducks (usually raised for meat). Why would it have been sudden death, were they an easter dump =/

Back
Top Bottom