worley1

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2017
Crooksville Ohio
We have six duck eggs and have just started pipping this morning...on the small end
1f61f.png
...also they have pipped where the air hole would be close to the bottom on a damp washcloth that we placed them on for humidity which is at 83 percent right now. We lost a few of our chicks I think because the humidity changed so much in a different incubator but have since purchased a better one...My question is, Should I be concerned because the air hole is so close to the damp washcloth? Should I move it slightly to help? This is so stressful, after losing a few of our chicks that were fully developed, I don't want to make any mistakes. We have only tried the chicks one time and this is our first with the ducklings as well. Any helpful hints would be so appreciated! ps...the chicks that made it are doing well
1f425.png

Are you having them laying in their side?.... the pip hole should be on the side of the egg so they can zip out upwards counter clockwise .....
Sounds like you had them in an incubator with the pointy end up?....

Explain more please...

No small end was down, incubator is Farm Inovators 4250. The pipping is on the small end on the side, it isn't thru to make an air hole, so should we open a spot so it can breath then?

No small end was down, incubator is Farm Inovators 4250. The pipping is on the small end on the side, it isn't thru to make an air hole, so should we open a spot so it can breath then?

The best us to not start interfering as the eggs progress...You will be letting out the humidity needed to hatch...can you take them off the turner and lay on their sides air cells up....?

Should of been done on day of lock down...:)......Be quick and place the eggs on their sides to hatch...

Back
Top Bottom