Niacin supplements?

Sorry you lose me quickly when you start comparing ruminent nutrition with poultry. Comparing horses with hoatzins.... both post-gastric fertmenters and I might listen. You mention ruminents (I really do not pay much attention to ruminent nutrition), but MOST of rumeninent nutrition really is the nutrition of the bacteria in the rumen.....has that changed....I would have NO problem believing that. Has how Mg metabolism changed in chickens (a mono gastric), I have serious doubts. I believe the basic biochemical reactions have not changed so if the ingest sulfate....it will react as sulfate.....

Clint

Fair enough, but it's not got to do with the rumen or digestive system of the animal, it has to do with the artificial fertilizer's action on nutrients in the plants themselves.

It's not isolated to ruminants, I guess I should have made clear, this is something that's been noted in other species too. It's not all artificial fertilizers either. Complex subject and the 'why' hasn't been explained in any depth that I've found information on yet, just the results noted.

Best wishes.

Does anyone know how much Bragg's nutritional yeast to give ducklings for niacin supplement? I have it on hand and much easier to find near me than brewer's yeast. I know it is a bit higher in niacin than the brewer's yeast and don't want to over do it. The container doesn't give a mg amt only a percentage of daily value for humans.

Back
Top Bottom