Supplementing with niacin

well now good question.
I buy Braggs nutritional yeast and I add about 1 TBSP per cup of feed , about twice a week.
I also buy Durvet liquid B complex and I drizzle about 3 ml of that on a bowl of chopped kale and romaine with a handful or two of meal worms for an afternoon snack daily. This gets tossed to 12 ducks (and 2 chickens) so they each only get a little.
Affordable? probably not so much.

the cheapest way is to buy brewer's yeast from Josh's Frogs. https://joshsfrogs.com/sp/brewer-s-yeast-5-lbs-jf00507 directly but you pay for mailing unless you buy 3 x 15lbs. Alternatively, if you have Amazon Prime is to buy through Amazon. Each 5lb bag is more expensive from Amazon but no mailing cost, and you only have to buy 5lbs at a time.

Use 1 tablespoon sprinkled on each cup of duck feed

Brewer's yeast does not yield as much niacin as some brands of nutritional yeast. But it is adequate to prevent nutritional deficiency. For a deficient duck with symptoms, it is best to give high level Vit B complex by Durvet, or similar, from you local feed store or Amazon. Josh's frog Brewer's yeast is not human food grade and so is considerably cheaper than nutritional yeast. If you do buy nutritional yeast, make sure the preparation does contain niacin as there are some brands that do not.

Back
Top Bottom