Niederrheiner Thread! All Colors!

Kennsperber

I am fully aware of what value greenfire plays in the poultry world in the US. But after what they did with the German Bielefelders and lied to me personally about it I have little nice to say about them. Mistakes I understand, Lying about it not so much.

I'm so sorry for your experience w/ GF. They have such a huge operation that I suppose info can get misdirected. I guess I have a soft spot for the kind of business they run so am inclined to think that their multiple personnel don't all have the expertise to answer all info correctly. All depends on the person we contact and how much info they're aware of during a call.

I've had great cust svc reps and I've had poor ones no matter what businesses I've contacted in the past. But I'm a tenacious bulldog when it comes to obtaining proper info even it means contacting a business more than one time. Happened to me this morning -- I called a business and no one answered and the recording said to contact them by leaving a message or emailing them. I emailed them w/ no response back. I contacted a third time leaving a detailed message and finally an hour later got a callback from a rep who put me on hold to find someone who could finally answer what I considered a simple question of whether they had in stock what I needed. I am of the belief that many cust svc reps just tell a customer what they want to hear rather than actually finding the right answer -- while other cust svc reps will go out of their way to give a customer the correct answer. As customers we've all been there, done that! Sometimes it takes multiple attempts to get the correct info we need.

Looks like you've been on BYC about as long as I have -- although I've had chickens long before joining BYC. Again, so sorry about your GF experience.

I'm so sorry for your experience w/ GF. They have such a huge operation that I suppose info can get misdirected. I guess I have a soft spot for the kind of business they run so am inclined to think that their multiple personnel don't all have the expertise to answer all info correctly. All depends on the person we contact and how much info they're aware of during a call.

I've had great cust svc reps and I've had poor ones no matter what businesses I've contacted in the past. But I'm a tenacious bulldog when it comes to obtaining proper info even it means contacting a business more than one time. Happened to me this morning -- I called a business and no one answered and the recording said to contact them by leaving a message or emailing them. I emailed them w/ no response back. I contacted a third time leaving a detailed message and finally an hour later got a callback from a rep who put me on hold to find someone who could finally answer what I considered a simple question of whether they had in stock what I needed. I am of the belief that many cust svc reps just tell a customer what they want to hear rather than actually finding the right answer -- while other cust svc reps will go out of their way to give a customer the correct answer. As customers we've all been there, done that! Sometimes it takes multiple attempts to get the correct info we need.

Looks like you've been on BYC about as long as I have -- although I've had chickens long before joining BYC. Again, so sorry about your GF experience.
I cannot remember the name of the woman I talked to at greenfire a little over 3 years ago but I remember it was the person a friend said I should talk to to get good answers.

@Fosmorefarm 3 yrs ago GF probably had a larger staff -- easy for one person not to know everything about a business. I've been told to contact certain personnel for answers and at one business I found the receptionist more informed than the person who was recommended!

W/ Newcastles rearing its ugly head for a couple years and now the Covid thing going on I wonder how much GF has had to cut back active operations?

@Fosmorefarm 3 yrs ago GF probably had a larger staff -- easy for one person not to know everything about a business. I've been told to contact certain personnel for answers and at one business I found the receptionist more informed than the person who was recommended!

W/ Newcastles rearing its ugly head for a couple years and now the Covid thing going on I wonder how much GF has had to cut back active operations?
I think it was Jenny something.

Hey all,

If there are still folks looking for this breed then you might be excited to know that McMurray is now stocking them. Can't speak for quality as of yet, but I'll be having 8 sent over early February 2021 and am eager to join this thread when the little peepers arrive.

Hey all,

If there are still folks looking for this breed then you might be excited to know that McMurray is now stocking them. Can't speak for quality as of yet, but I'll be having 8 sent over early February 2021 and am eager to join this thread when the little peepers arrive.
I had seen that! If I could risk getting a roo, I would totally buy. Those chickens are gorgeous!

I'm curious to see how McMurray's chicks are. I thought these were dying out in the US due to limited gene pool. I loved my rooster and lost him last Christmas. It's tempting to order some from McMurray but I've already moved onto another breed :(

Back
Top Bottom