NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show!!

mame1616

Songster
11 Years
Jan 30, 2008
Middletown, NJ
Hi Everyone! It's time again for the Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show! This is a great show with people from several states, sometimes as far away as VA! This past fall we surpassed our own record with over 1100 birds! Spring shows tend to be a bit smaller, as everyone's birds are still a little worn from the winter, but it's a great meet-up with friends, breeders, and exhibitors. I plan to bring 11 birds so far. There's food and a ticket auction in great surroundings. Here's the deets:

Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show
NJ State Fairgrounds
Saturday, May 21
Judging begins at 9am
Coop-in Friday night until 9pm, or Saturday morning until 9am
Pullorum testing is required - post on the NJ thread here for testers near you.

Want more information, or to get on the list for a show catalog, contact me here.

See you at the show!!

ENTRIES ARE DUE FRIDAY, MAY 6!!!

Last edited:
I hope to attend again!
smile.png
All of my birds are molting-so I'm hoping that at least my roo gets his feathers back, for showmanship. I also am planning to sell a white Silkie hen...

I had planned on attending, especially now that my flock has been wiped out and I need to start anew. However, it's the same day as my sister-in-law's graduating with her RN. But my flock was killed! But she's graduating! ARGH!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Well, I WAS going to show my big partridge cochin, but she blew out her cushion, and now looks like a chernobyl chicken. She did this to me last year, too!!

I hesitate to say, so I don't jinx myself, but I have my favs, orps, cochins, giants, BLRWs, and a lone speckled sussex. Watch, everyone will molt on me now. Are you gonna show, Marilyn?

Last edited:
Want to attend this one, but all my birds arent in condition cause I've had them in the breeding pens. Trying to get early hatches so I'll have stock to show at Indianapolis

Quote:
I'm going to Crossroads, too! Wish there was a big bus or something to take a bunch of us out there, because I'm really dreading the drive!

Quote:
Well, I WAS going to show my big partridge cochin, but she blew out her cushion, and now looks like a chernobyl chicken. She did this to me last year, too!!

I hesitate to say, so I don't jinx myself, but I have my favs, orps, cochins, giants, BLRWs, and a lone speckled sussex. Watch, everyone will molt on me now. Are you gonna show, Marilyn?

Nah, nothing nice enough to show - I had some welsummer bantams on order, but the flock got wiped out before I ever got any eggs. I have nothing to sell either, but I am still going!!!!!!!! I will be there early in the morning, around 9 AM

will most likely be there look forward to seeing everyone... bringing d'anvers, silkies and light brown leghorns

Back
Top Bottom