No Crow Rooster collar

We work with our local SPCA and foster many abandoned Roosters. We dont judge, alot of us are forced by noise complaints and not wanting to kill your pet isnt a crime. A loyal bird who runs the yard and protect the girls with his life if needed... Does kinda deserve another chance at life. I dont expect everyone to understand but I know there are others who love their Roosters like us.

We are so excited for this new invention finally someone who loves roosters designed something simple and humane and most importantly... Effective! Its a new day dawning, quieter rooster a-crowing!

This was the video that sold us:

Us Canadian folks gotta get it from: www.nocrowroostercollars.com

mypetchicken doesn't ship up here to the Arctic since the cost of dog sled delivery has gone up.

Oh I hear ya bro we wer talking about this earlier people ok with dogs and other noise but north americans have been conditioned to not like the sound of a rooster. In my hometown in Ontario people were allowed to raise livestock right up until the early 1950's just as the sale and industrialization of chicken eggs etc Keeping them out of the city makes folks have to go buy from store no hassle. That really worked out great didnt it? The whole agri/monoculture movement has been a huge fail with devastating effects... anywasy a little off topic but yes a little crowing to me aint no big deal!

Once fitted properly the No Crow Collar works as advertised.
There was a bit of stress for both me and my poor rooster, with many attempts at adjusting the collars fit, but now he has adjusted to the collar quite well.
The volume and quantity of crowing has been reduced, which is the whole point, so hooray for that! However, this is not an idiot proof process and it's quite an adjustment for a rooster to adapt to.
Here's hoping the neighbors calm the **** down now! One neighbor is over sensitive to sound and another works late so needs to sleep in. I still lock the rooster in the garage at night so that there is no possibility of his disturbing the neighbors while a local sound ordinance is in effect. The collar does not keep him from crowing.
I had been less than happy about my initial experience and contacted MyPetChicken.com (the people I bought the collar from) with a list of grievances, feature requests, & possible solutions. They responded well and they've even edited the instructions to include a bit more detail in fitting the collar, which was one of my requests.
I'm really hoping they eventually post more detailed videos for fitting the collars on various breeds to help others get the best outcome with these things.

Well I think I had the collar on to tight or something. My baby had been wearing it for about 2 weeks but kept loosening it so I would readjust it each night. It never really stopped the crowing but did quiet it. But Monday afternoon I found him dead in his coop. I've been crying ever since and I'm so heartbroken. I feel so terrible thinking I may have inadvertently choked him. Please be careful if you use a no crow rooster collar!

Radhanuga, did you use just the tube part of the sock and not the foot, right? About how tall was the 3x folded one (how much of the neck did it cover)? And where on the neck did you place the socks? I have a Cream Legbar that the rooster collar is not working on. I'm going to try your method and see if it works better. I had success with one of these collars on a Silkie roo. Ended up rehoming him anyway but for a different reason

I cut the foot off the socks, folded three times the first one, making it into a tube that is approximately 1.5 inch tall, I pulled it down under the hackle feathers, then the second one rolled into a ring right at the base of the first sock.
I will be taking pictures this afternoon and post a detailed tutorial :)

I have one on mine and I don't really like how tight you have to make it. But I live in the city and am not aloud to have chickens let alone roosters. He was sexes wrong but I don't want to have to send him to slaughter. It seems to quite him but he still crows pretty loud. But his feathers are breaking and now he has a bald spot. Don't know if its worth it just don't want him to become soup.
Try installing it per the No Crow Instructions. I found that placing the collar lower on the neck as opposed to high up by the throat, works much better at preventing inflation of the syrinx and tracheal air sacs. If the sac cannot inflate w/ air then the rooster cannot crow. Imagine it like a whoopie cushion - no air no sound. Too high up and you will choak your bird at the same time as he will be able to still crow. Many people complain about these collars not working, and thats mostly due to improper placement and/or not being the right size or tightness.

I hope that helps. I have also attached the No Crow Instillation instructions.

We work with our local SPCA and foster many abandoned Roosters. We dont judge, alot of us are forced by noise complaints and not wanting to kill your pet isnt a crime. A loyal bird who runs the yard and protect the girls with his life if needed... Does kinda deserve another chance at life. I dont expect everyone to understand but I know there are others who love their Roosters like us.

We are so excited for this new invention finally someone who loves roosters designed something simple and humane and most importantly... Effective! Its a new day dawning, quieter rooster a-crowing!

This was the video that sold us:

Us Canadian folks gotta get it from: www.nocrowroostercollars.com

mypetchicken doesn't ship up here to the Arctic since the cost of dog sled delivery has gone up.
Hi ErniesFlock,
do you really get dog sled delivery or are you pulling my leg? if you are pulling it then...
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom